Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [7th - 13th May 2021]

Soldato
I don't understand Rashford carrying on with this niggle he has. Clearly not happy with his body, and I also take it he'll be going with England to the Euro's?

Don
Surely it was a check to make sure it wasn't actually a penalty though? If there was contact and it was a pen, I'm pretty sure they'd rescind the yellow?
I didn't watch the game so I've not seen the incident but answering your question, yes however something can not be a penalty and also not be a dive. You also have to remember that the decision would have had to be clearly wrong to award the penalty and therefore rescind the yellow.

Soldato
On United's penalty: "I don't think anybody knows, everybody is confused how Raheem Sterling can go through and have four or five touches on him last night and not get a penalty, then one touch here and it is a penalty - it looked a pathetic decision to me, but he goes down, similar to Old Trafford and last season here.

"Ollie Watkins has got sent off for a second yellow, there is no way the referee can tell me he is convinced he hasn't been touched. I just don't understand the decision-making of the officials and more importantly at Stockley Park.

The problem with Watkins is he's on the way down before any contact comes in.

Smith is fuming. Pogba goes down easily but its because he has to. Luiz was all over him, he needs to be looking closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom