• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Associate
Mine is the same, what else should it show ?

Can other 6700xt owners check this

Fv6FQdo.jpg

Do you only have that custom brightness option now instead of sharpness etc like it used to. If your the same as me, maybe submit a bug report using the button for it at top of drivers next to question mark.

some people fiddle with things a lot I have never even bothered looking for this

but yes mine is the same

Soldato
eeesh, at that price if you can find the rest you might aswell just get a 6900XT it's probably the least inflated relatively speaking all in all.

Soldato
Let us know if it helps if you try it.
Some very quick/dirty testings seem to indicate that clock speeds are more stable. The card doesn't boost higher but instead of fluctuating between 2560ish and 2540ish, or something lower than that, it instead stays almost perfectly locked to 2560ish. Temps are the same, fan speed the same. I haven't bothered overclocking as the reference cooler, while looking good, leaves a lot to be desired :p.

Associate
not bothered overclocking my sapphire it works and don't know if the gains would even be noticeable

and always have that slight idea I might mess it up for a tiny gain

Soldato
not bothered overclocking my sapphire it works and don't know if the gains would even be noticeable

and always have that slight idea I might mess it up for a tiny gain

It's true, it's not worth it in the real world, it's really only something you might do if you actually want to see how fast you can make it go or you want the biggest benchmarking numbers, I don't think it's worth the extra power and heat draw, but I wouldn't worry about messing it up, the software wont really let you, it's not going to allow you to go to far and beyond that the VBIOS on modern cards will also stop you going so far you damage it.

Soldato
It's true, it's not worth it in the real world, it's really only something you might do if you actually want to see how fast you can make it go or you want the biggest benchmarking numbers, I don't think it's worth the extra power and heat draw, but I wouldn't worry about messing it up, the software wont really let you, it's not going to allow you to go to far and beyond that the VBIOS on modern cards will also stop you going so far you damage it.

The 6700XT seems pushed to the limit anyways. I downclocked and UV'd mine to 1100 max voltage, 800 min voltage, 2600mhz max boost(effective boost is around 2460mhz) and stock vram and while I lost around 4% performance I also went from 190watts + SOC to 150watts + SOC.

Associate
The 6700XT seems pushed to the limit anyways. I downclocked and UV'd mine to 1100 max voltage, 800 min voltage, 2600mhz max boost(effective boost is around 2460mhz) and stock vram and while I lost around 4% performance I also went from 190watts + SOC to 150watts + SOC.

Tried UVing and giving mine a slight OC, too. Ran a 3DMark bench after, and actually scored lower than with the stock configuration, so just set it back. The new driver fixed the power draw when not gaming anyway, and my card doesn't even run hot, so no point really.

Associate
finaly bothered to run GPUz on while playing warzone last night the Sapphire was peaking at 2612Mhz

which seems about right for stock and no overclock

Last edited:
Associate

didnt pay much attention before the new drivers

but mine was averaging 90 watts on warzone peaking at 160 watts

Associate
Haha. Windows update this week killed my boot device and whatever I did or it did to remedy that, automatically reset BIOS too. And now the BIOS looks fine :)

No idea what has really fixed it.

Associate
It was on before the strop Windows threw. It was one of the first things I turned back on after the BIOS reset and all working fine now as before.

There was a Windows notification that said it automatically uninstalled updates that had caused an issue. That was nice.

Not sure if any of this is relevant to the BIOS graphics :D

Back
Top Bottom