Help making kids area play safe

Associate
Hello. We have a pretty large area in our garden that we have fenced in to allow our son some play time. Unfortunately the area is concrete slabbed. Its about 24 sqr mtrs in size. We have been looking into putting those soft tiles that interlock in place and maybe gluing them down to the slabs. But as the area is so large the cost is more than we can afford. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be done? Thank you

Last edited:
Soldato
These are a godsend and much better than tiles.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08BF...abc_18S41APTGVM6K5JWF80E?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

You'll need a few but other than pricey resin blockwork or astro turf (or grass) I'm not sure what else you could get.

Depending on age they may not need the full space you have, so get the folddown barriers too. They're 110 quid for a massive rectangle but keep your eye on Facebook and they come up frequently.

Soldato
Just put some barbed wire around it that'll make it safe:cry:. On a serious note I used 9 of those rubber mats that are pretty soft, but I think that was maybe 100 quid for 1-2 sq metres. Youd need a small mortgage for your area. While I'm not a fan myself, there's always the bark option, I reckon than would be reasonably cheap. I wonder how well those mats last that you get at kids parties and the like, you know they're typically blue, but don't know how well they'd survive outside (although possibly could be rolled up when not in use).

Soldato
Elbow and knee pads along with a helmet are cheaper.

We were told if you fall over and cut yourself you won't do it again.-- We did but I am still here in one piece 70 years later and I was playing on bomb sites.

Back
Top Bottom