• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Soldato
Tried my HTPC with my monitor via Displayport this afternoon
No Bios display but booted to windows fine (different pc and a 1050 gfx)
Am wondering if it is an issue/capability with DP and my monitor (Hazro HZ30 WIE V2)

Associate
One of my fans has started hissing, like it's very lightly rubbing or some dust is stuck. I've tried blowing the area to dislodge anything but I assume it's the bearings on this OcUK PowerColor 6700 XT Fighter.

It's quiet but not silent, and as this is my work machine during the day it's getting on my nerves. Anything else I can try? Are the fans replaceable with a better third party cooler or is this card too new?

Also, I was underclocking it to knock 20W off and heat when the core is bouncing off 100% usage during 4k Doom Eternal sessions (it's in a warm case). Not normally bothered but once you start watching temps it's hard not to try and tweak stuff... I've noticed that the Zero RPM fan option runs off the Junction temp, and the threshold is 50°C. So that never happens in my 21°C room. Is that right? Doing general work admin has the Junction temp at 54°C and Core at 44°C.

Soldato
Quick question? @LtMatt - I have a 6700 XT and just enabled resizable BAR support in my bios. It enabled a further 2 other options: '4G Decoding/Crypto Mining' and something called 'Restore PCIE Registers' - All good or should one of the options be disabled?

Caporegime
Quick question? @LtMatt - I have a 6700 XT and just enabled resizable BAR support in my bios. It enabled a further 2 other options: '4G Decoding/Crypto Mining' and something called 'Restore PCIE Registers' - All good or should one of the options be disabled?
Here's how you enable it mate.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/smart-access-memory

How are you finding the 6700 XT and which card have you got?

I've got one on the way to me in a few days for a play.

Soldato
Here's how you enable it mate.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/smart-access-memory

How are you finding the 6700 XT and which card have you got?

I've got one on the way to me in a few days for a play.

Done exactly as described, however it enabled a third option upon saving: Restore PCIE Registers? I assume this is also required for system changes.

I have the Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT and blown away by it to be honest, cool and stupidly slient!

Caporegime
Done exactly as described, however it enabled a third option upon saving: Restore PCIE Registers? I assume this is also required for system changes.

I have the Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT and blown away by it to be honest, cool and stupidly slient!
No i don't think you need to touch that option.

You can check if its enabled under Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right Click Properties > Resouces > Does it say Large Memory Range? If so then you are good to go.

Soldato
No i don't think you need to touch that option.

You can check if its enabled under Device Manager > Display Adapters > Right Click Properties > Resouces > Does it say Large Memory Range? If so then you are good to go.

Correct, I can see this. I'm not having any issues, all is well. When enabling the 2 options this 'Restore PCIE Registers' popped up when saving the BIOS, didn't give me an option to disable it so I assume it's needed somewhere as part of the feature.

Caporegime
Correct, I can see this option. I'm not having any issues, all is well. When enabling the 2 options this 'Restore PCIE Registers' popped up when saving the BIOS, didn't give me an option to disable it so I assume it's needed somewhere as part of the feature.
I've not personally heard of it and don't see it in my BIOS, but if it's working all good.

Soldato
I've not personally heard of it and don't see it in my BIOS, but if it's working all good.

I just tried to find it myself and I can't find it either, weird. I have a B550 Tomahawk with a 5600X could be something MSI auto enables when switching REBAR on maybe. No problems though.

Back
Top Bottom