The Manchester United Club Thread **Sponsored by Comedy Central**

Soldato
Anyone know why we have 4 games in 10 days when we could play one game over the fa Cup weekend instead?

Seems a bit odd to play:

Sunday
Tuesday
Thursday
Tuesday

Surely common sense would be to move the Tuesday game to Wednesday and the Thursday game to saturday?

Almost like we are being punished for something.
Do you think we will see any footy this time in the thursday one?

Soldato
Ole talking about resting players for some of these games. Fingers crossed he rests them for Villa and Leicester so we are ready for Liverpool.
Clearly he's going to have to ring changes but I'd rather get points from Villa and Leicester in an attempt to secure 2nd spot. Losing to Liverpool with a slightly weakened team wouldn't bother me but I'd be gutted if we surrendered 2nd spot.

Caporegime
Clearly he's going to have to ring changes but I'd rather get points from Villa and Leicester in an attempt to secure 2nd spot. Losing to Liverpool with a slightly weakened team wouldn't bother me but I'd be gutted if we surrendered 2nd spot.

Realistically Leicester run in is hardcore and they are going to drop points. We win our game in hand and we are 9 points clear of Chelsea with a maximum of 12. Our second last game is against Fulham. I honestly think we only need 6 points from our remaining games to secure second.

Winning Europa is far more important for champions League seed anyway but the psychological aspect of finishing the season strong will also go into next.

I would also say beating Villa is far more important than beat Leicester but we will wait and see after tonight's game.

fez

fez

Caporegime

But we could put a big dent in their hopes for Europe :p

fez

fez

Caporegime
Knowing us we have given him a 3 year deal on £400k week :p

I wonder if this is just sensible business or a sign that the club are not expecting to sign a CF this summer. I would be happy enough to go into the season with Cavani as our main man. Sell Martial and get in a DM, RW and CB if possible.

Caporegime
Knowing us we have given him a 3 year deal on £400k week :p

I wonder if this is just sensible business or a sign that the club are not expecting to sign a CF this summer. I would be happy enough to go into the season with Cavani as our main man. Sell Martial and get in a DM, RW and CB if possible.

I think it is sensible business. Spend the money on what is really needed a CM and CB. I cannot see many clubs spending loads this summer but trading Lingard for Rice + a little cash would be a shrewd move.

Martial, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood is more than enough.

Soldato
I think it is sensible business. Spend the money on what is really needed a CM and CB. I cannot see many clubs spending loads this summer but trading Lingard for Rice + a little cash would be a shrewd move.

Martial? Really?
Though I’m not sure what else is really out there other than Haaland which would be stupid money.
I’d say we’re short one really as Cavani can’t play every game realistically, and Rashford is hit and miss.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Martial? Really?
Though I’m not sure what else is really out there other than Haaland which would be stupid money.
I’d say we’re short one really as Cavani can’t play every game realistically, and Rashford is hit and miss.

I think we would be be better off if we got rid of Martial and replaced him with Sancho. Might get 30-40m for Martial and maybe buy Sancho for 65-75m. I know that Martial is more of a forward than Sancho but not by much if we are honest and I think a proper RW would create so many chances for Cavani and Co. that it would more than offset any direct lose of goals from Martial/Sancho.

Haaland ain't going anywhere this summer unless some club ponies up £150m+ I reckon.

As above, get rid of Martial, bring in Sancho. A DM (Rice would cost more than Lingard and a few pennies, probably Lingard and £30+ if not more) and a promising CB to partner Maguire. If we do that we should really be competing with the best teams in the league next season. We need to do something because playing like we have done this season won't get us anywhere near second place if Chelsea and Liverpool sort themselves out and Tottenham bounce back. Can't honestly see Arsenal being anywhere better than an outside hope of top 4.

Soldato
Wouldnt mind getting rid of Martial to be fair but was thinking of getting a combo of Andre Silva and Sancho and a centre half (Pau Torres?)

We desperately need a DM, but I also have an eye on Garner, who probably needs one more year on loan (probably EPL level, Newcastle?) before coming back

I would love Rice, but he is going to be vastly over priced for his experience just because he's English - if WHU dont ask for 50-60m+ Lingard I would be surprised (and I wouldnt be that surprised if they refuse outright, or just say £100m cash no matter what or something equally outlandish)

I think Sancho - or another top level proper right winger - is far more important than anything, after that 1st choice Centre half (have no idea why we re-signed Bailly mind you, given his injury record the club either outright lied to him to re-sign or have wasted huge amounts of ££££) , and cant forget a backup player for right back as well

Back
Top Bottom