Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
@AndyCr15 no wall, no count.

Do you like the gas? Always thought wood fired would be better but seeing a lot of people leaning toward gas recently, I get the benefits of it.
We have 2 of these and love them. Both of them are gas and can't fault it at all. Just turn them on and wait and you're set. They're literally in there for about 60 seconds a piece, so very much doubt the wood fire has too much effect at that amount of time. Certainly not enough to convert me as these are excellent. I do wish we had the KODA 16 though, not 12s!

Soldato
Few more bits for my M4
The ambidextrous charging handle so much better than the stock one.

IMG-20210511-122449958-HDR-3.jpg

IMG-20210511-124026783-HDR-2.jpg

IMG-20210511-124051612-HDR-2.jpg

Soldato
That's a lovely grey! I'd love smooth walls for no wallpaper. Nice floor as well.

Old homes are the worst. Bumps and uglies all over the walls (so need some textured paper or you've had it), nothing is plumb, nothing is level. It's just all over the place.

I want to put a worktop on a corner wall as a new desk, and remove the need for unstable desk legs. To do this, I'm going to have to cut the desk at an obtuse angle to fit the corner, and then the amount of scribing to contour the desk against bumps in the wall + bows is nuts.

Kinda puts you off, lol.

Commissario
As mentioned we picked up a new mower the other week which is making things easier in the garden (apologies for the pic quality).

mower2021a.jpg

Although to be honest I'm not sure if what we've got out the back of the house qualifies as a lawn...it's very shady and quite damp due to the location for much of it.

querylawn1.jpg

We have tried rotovating it, reseeding it with different varieties of "shady" varieties etc, but it keeps turning to this in places, I suspect partly because it gets slightly flooded every now and then.
On the plus side we get rabbits, deer and badgers, we haven't seen a hedgehog in a few years though, not since I found one that looked like something had pealed it and left the spiky outer behind (I thought it looked oddly flat when I saw it from the window).

Thanks.

Yes he (10months) is an australian labradoodle

Yes I've got the free blower or battery. Not sure what to go for (already got 2X5AH and 3x3Ah so probably going for the blower)

I also got the similar makita battery lawnmower (432z but haven't used it yet, been too busy decorating)

The only thing on laser level is i have a dumb question.
How do I cast a line higher than the tripod height? I can aim it "up" but then the auto balancing on the laser will say its off "level" when it isn't by eye. Presumably just turn off the lasers check for balancing and crack on putting up frog tape? I'm not at the stage yet where I need to use it so haven't looked into it much.

I thought he looked like a labradoodle but there are several cross breeds now, hopefully he's got the intelligence of the poodle rather than the labrador ;) I'd love to get one myself but I can't guarantee the ability to give it the exercise they really need, we had a toy poodle who was very smart, apart from the time he decided to try and bring in a rotting mouse as a puppy, or the first time he went into the garden when it had flooded as he bounced down the back path at his normal high speed, until on the third or forth bounce it ended with a splash and he was not amused (especially as we burst out laughing as it had happened so fast we couldn't stop him, and then he had to have a shower), after that he always took it a bit slower if it was raining heavily.

With regards to the laser level I think that depends on the model, we had a manual laser line that we could set to project above it's height for the horizontal line by angling it up (I think we could set it to do angled lines as well), but our current one doesn't allow that as iirc the levelling weight defeats any such attempt.

Soldato
Nice, bit confused with short CQB barrel and scope though

The scope has a 1.5-x6 zoom so it's great for close range and switch to x6 for longer shots, yes it's heavier than a red dot sight but it's the best of both worlds and I making the gun shorter soon with a 7-inch rail/barrel.
But I don't know how well that going to pan out so it's just testing different options at the moment.

Saving up for a Vortex Spitfire HD Gen II 3x Prism Scope :D

Soldato
Badgers'll do that. I've had friends who live in the country tell that exact story!

Badgers are the only UK animal that can eat a healthy adult hedgehog. Cats, dogs, foxes, etc can't get one open and tend to leave them alone after a bad experience or two. In fact, hedgehogs will actively avoid areas where they smell badgers for that reason.

Soldato
We wanted to chav up our garden. Had wanted the Ikea stuff, bought loads of Ikea vouchers and then despite saying available, once i got to the final stage it was all out of stock and has been ever since, so we gave up and bought from Tectake, it's probably about as cheap and rubbish as you can get but it'll do for a few years i figure.

Annoyingly we changed the layout since it's modular and so the cover i bought doesn't fit, so had to order another. We left the cushions off until it looks like it won't rain constantly!

If anyone wants some Ikea vouchers let me know :p

7KmV1H6.png

I haz 4090!
Don
We wanted to chav up our garden. Had wanted the Ikea stuff, bought loads of Ikea vouchers and then despite saying available, once i got to the final stage it was all out of stock and has been ever since, so we gave up and bought from Tectake, it's probably about as cheap and rubbish as you can get but it'll do for a few years i figure.

Annoyingly we changed the layout since it's modular and so the cover i bought doesn't fit, so had to order another. We left the cushions off until it looks like it won't rain constantly!

If anyone wants some Ikea vouchers let me know :p

Just missing the hot tub now and your garden will be as chav as @LiE's.

Mine will be going the same way this year :D

Just missing the Carling.

lol'd

Soldato
Bit more cable management to go, but getting there. The left screen is a new 32" LG screen, with thanks to the monitor forum for some help.

The webcam's new as well, as is the left screen's monitor arm. They're such a faff to put together, but they're great when they work.

Fully expecting "you've left your credit card number on your desk mate" :D

2mMg6sv.jpg

The PC is new, put together now @mickyflinn
FrhbPMR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom