The nervous wait to exchange....

Caporegime
Wondering if someone can help here....

Trying to help someone out as they're builders are saying their new build doesn't come with a shed, when they don't have a garage...I was under the impression and have been told that if new builds don't have a garage you need to be supplied with a shed? But I can't find any concrete info on this!

Soldato

Trying to help someone out as they're builders are saying their new build doesn't come with a shed, when they don't have a garage...I was under the impression and have been told that if new builds don't have a garage you need to be supplied with a shed? But I can't find any concrete info on this!

Never heard that before. Friend of mine just moved into a new build with no garage or shed.

Caporegime
Never heard that before. Friend of mine just moved into a new build with no garage or shed.

Yeah thats why I'm confused....Our developer said they have to provide a shed as theres no garage, if you look about the estate they all have them, however someone else who is enquiring has been told they aren't provided with one (on the same estate!)

Soldato
I doubt that is a rule, you'd have to negotiate for one, but probably easier for developer to just knock a bit off the price so you can buy a shed.

Never heard it before, what if you have a flat? no shed or garage then!

Caporegime
I doubt that is a rule, you'd have to negotiate for one, but probably easier for developer to just knock a bit off the price so you can buy a shed.

Never heard it before, what if you have a flat? no shed or garage then!

That's why I'm talking about houses.....

I'm just going by this estate and what the sales people told me, that and every house here thus far that doesn't have a garage has the standard shed in their garden.

I guess its more bizarre that they're saying to new customers that they aren't supplying one when they have done for everyone else.

Soldato
struggling to find a surveyor for our purchase, emailed a few last week and they're all booked up until mid June - we're hoping to be exchanged by end of May!
We used Joe Fraser. Thoroughly impressed. Easy to get booked in, very organised, admin people were on point but more importantly the surveyor was excellent too. Terraced house built c 1900 so he raised a lot of flags in the report, but took the time to ring me back at 5.30pm on a Friday to discuss anything and everything we were worried about. Also sent the report within 2 days of the survey rather than the quoted 7.

I'm just going by this estate and what the sales people told me, that and every house here thus far that doesn't have a garage has the standard shed in their garden.
Sounds like something you'd just need to take up with the sales people then :(

Question from me. We asked our solicitor what searches she was waiting on and she replied this:
It is just the local search outstanding which is booked in for 19th May.
Can anyone translate? Do you think she means she'll get it then? Or are the local authority starting "it" (?) then and we may need to wait XX days for the results? :confused:

Caporegime
@Scam I would literally just ask them to clarify, the amount of times I told them to lay it out to me like I was a child was ridiculous.

Oh and I've already got my house (and shed) I was merely asking for someone else :p

Soldato
@Scam I would literally just ask them to clarify, the amount of times I told them to lay it out to me like I was a child was ridiculous.
Yeah we will, was just wondering if anyone might know. They've generally been very good and communicative so far. If things are on track I'd rather not distract them by having to answer my noddy questions :p

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Got a rather worrying call from the site developers we're buying from yesterday. They were chasing me for an update as my solicitor has gone incognito and hasn't responded to any of their communication attempts for the last 2-3 weeks. They're getting twitchy because we're now out with the reserve period on the contract and they'd have expected us to have exchanged by now. Rang the solicitors and, typically, could only get hold of assistants. Told in no uncertain terms that I need an update ASAP because we've done everything that's been asked if us and if I'm at risk of losing the property due to their negligence or tardiness I won't be best pleased. Fortunately for them I'm on a training course all day today so no phone, but if I don't have an email or voicemail by the end of the day there'll be merry hell!

Associate
That's why I'm talking about houses.....

I guess its more bizarre that they're saying to new customers that they aren't supplying one when they have done for everyone else.

Having looked at multiple developers recently for our new build purchase, we never heard anything like this, very odd! Might just be a developer specific perk that they offer, but it's definitely not a requirement. Wish we'd gotten one though!

Got a rather worrying call from the site developers we're buying from yesterday. They were chasing me for an update as my solicitor has gone incognito and hasn't responded to any of their communication attempts for the last 2-3 weeks. They're getting twitchy because we're now out with the reserve period on the contract and they'd have expected us to have exchanged by now. Rang the solicitors and, typically, could only get hold of assistants. Told in no uncertain terms that I need an update ASAP because we've done everything that's been asked if us and if I'm at risk of losing the property due to their negligence or tardiness I won't be best pleased. Fortunately for them I'm on a training course all day today so no phone, but if I don't have an email or voicemail by the end of the day there'll be merry hell!

Sounds like par for the course to be honest. Just be persistent, as solicitors at the minute are, despite their reputation, actually completely rammed at the minute with people trying to get transactions through before duty deadlines.

Soldato
The white goods discussion rolls on for us :p Sellers have come back saying they will leave them "on the condition that nothing was raised from the survey". Cheeky ****ing sods! It's like mate, there's a million red flags on the survey because you've rented this place out for years and done nothing to maintain it! The work required is not comparable to you chucking in £450 of old white goods ffs! :mad:

Spoke to the agent just now and stressed we were not looking to change our offer and just want to push things forward to complete before end of June. If they insist, will not put anything in writing until we've spoken to our solicitor but again its all about time... back and forth :o

Caporegime
Having looked at multiple developers recently for our new build purchase, we never heard anything like this, very odd! Might just be a developer specific perk that they offer, but it's definitely not a requirement. Wish we'd gotten one though!

Aye very odd. ..I just know someone is looking at a plot on the same site and they're being told different :p

Associate

Weird, I've also never heard of this and have a friend just bought a new build with neither.

Man of Honour
It's pretty standard for boilers to have 10-12 year warranties, so seems reasonable enough to me.
Should have mentioned, the buyers have the same boiler as me and it only ever came with a 5 year guarantee which we'd already spoken about with them when they visited.

Back
Top Bottom