Mare of Easttown

Soldato
Watched the first one, gonna let the missus watch the rest and tell me what happens lol.
Kinda interested, might watch it in the background, but know I'll miss lots of detail as not paying attention.

Man of Honour
We recorded the first episode, and watched it Saturday evening, it has plenty of strands that make us want to see where it goes.
What mildly annoyed me was when Mare, (Kate Winslet), walked into a bar, and was gently hit on by Richard, (Guy Pearce).
After minimal verbal fencing, he ends up having sex with her somewhere, (his place, her place, I don’t know).
I spent many extended stays in New England as a younger man, and my Anglo/Gallic confidence saw me laying on some gentle persuasion with women from Connecticut to Maine.
If I had a dollar for every time it worked, I could maybe buy a cheeseburger!

Last edited:
Soldato
I’ve watched the first episode and hoping it picks up now considering how it ended.
Kind of wish it had a more ominous tone and atmosphere like the first series of True Detective.

Soldato
Gets better and builds momentum, loads of strands and different layers to the story. I am really enjoying this, it has some humour about it too.

Associate
I’m liking the way the story is being developed so far. Lots of strands and inter twining character stories. Last ep caught me by surprise (won’t post a spoiler). Will continue watching

Man of Honour
Episode 5 certainly hit the mark, had strong True Detective s1 vibes, best TV series i've seen in a while.

I read on another site that fans are speculating that Detective Zabel may not be dead, with that bullet hitting him in the canister, followed by all that blood, I’d say that West Ham have got more chance of getting into the Champions League than Zabel waking up.

Caporegime
I read on another site that fans are speculating that Detective Zabel may not be dead, with that bullet hitting him in the canister, followed by all that blood, I’d say that West Ham have got more chance of getting into the Champions League than Zabel waking up.
Did it him in the nut or the cheek? Looked like his cheek to me.

I think he’s brown bread though myself.

There’s 3 possibilities for Erin’s murderer imo. Her dad, her uncle or Dylan.

Man of Honour
Did it him in the nut or the cheek? Looked like his cheek to me.

I think he’s brown bread though myself.

There’s 3 possibilities for Erin’s murderer imo. Her dad, her uncle or Dylan.

I checked on what to do about spoilers, and it seemed to say that they were not necessary for shows that had been seen, so;

Mare Of Easttown episode 5 delivered a plot twist of epic proportions in scenes that arrived on Sunday, with Evan Peters’ character Detective Colin Zabel being shot dead.

The detective was killed in jaw-dropping scenes just minutes after he and Mare (Kate Winslet) honed in on their suspect, who has kidnapped two young women and may be responsible for the abduction and murder of Erin McMenamin (Cailee Spaeny).
As for Erin’s murderer, my whack job wife STILL thinks that it was the priest!

Back
Top Bottom