• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

OcUK Staff
No news recently. Probably very little chance of movement for the next while. I imagine that there’ll be more likelihood of decent 3080TI stock when it launches and 3080 Eagle stock probably won’t come back in for the next 6 months or so.

We need to get more AMP's or Trinity OC version in first to be able to offer upgrades, we have 5x 3080 Trinity OC on the way, so we will upgrade the none OC. But there is no more en-route I am afraid.

Associate
Aye, had the 60hz 32 inch 4K Predator for a fair few years now, still a stunner and great with 3080. Where next though? .... and what would the Acer fetch in MM?

At this point a 32" 4K OLED @ 120Hz would be near perfect (now with even brighter HDR), but they insist on making the damn things 48" or above so you have to sit 5 ft away. C'mon LG, consider us PC users who aren't gaming from a sofa! :D:cry:

Permabanned
We need to get more AMP's or Trinity OC version in first to be able to offer upgrades, we have 5x 3080 Trinity OC on the way, so we will upgrade the none OC. But there is no more en-route I am afraid.
Gibbo are you getting more 6800XTs and will they be at msrp?

Last edited:
Associate
Did anyone watch Jayz2Cents video he put out yesterday?

1.5M people are in a queue in the US alone for certain lines of graphics card (I think it's obvious which card).

If there's really 1.5M in the US queue, that really boggles the mind on them demand for them. :eek: Must be all the stimulus 'check' free money. :rolleyes:

Soldato
At this point a 32" 4K OLED @ 120Hz would be near perfect (now with even brighter HDR), but they insist on making the damn things 48" or above so you have to sit 5 ft away. C'mon LG, consider us PC users who aren't gaming from a sofa! :D:cry:
Thats crazy! Stick with what I've got then I guess... just wish it had faster refresh.

OcUK Staff
Gibbo are you getting more 6800XTs and will they be at msrp?

You want us to lose a few hundred quid per card? MSRP's are fake and totally misleading and fail to exist minutes after a product generally launches or stock is so limited they are released rarely in very small batches directly from the manufacturer.

Permabanned
You want us to lose a few hundred quid per card? MSRP's are fake and totally misleading and fail to exist minutes after a product generally launches or stock is so limited they are released rarely in very small batches directly from the manufacturer.

I see,I don't want you to loose. Are you getting more 6800XTs coming in for purchase?

Soldato
Did anyone watch Jayz2Cents video he put out yesterday?

Watch from 1:15 to 2:00

1.5M people are in a queue in the US alone for certain lines of graphics card (I think it's obvious which card).
Jay is saying nvidia are struggling to get chips out with production running at a trickle but gamers nexus was saying they are making more Gpus than ever so one of them is wrong and looking at Nvidias previous 2 quarter revenue I think I know which.

Associate
Jay is saying nvidia are struggling to get chips out with production running at a trickle but gamers nexus was saying they are making more Gpus than ever so one of them is wrong and looking at Nvidias previous 2 quarter revenue I think I know which.

They are both probably right. They are making more than ever before but that is just a trickle compared to the demand.

If say they were making 500,000 a week and have now rampled up to 1,000,000 a week then GN is right, they are making many more than ever before. However if demand worldwide is for 5,000,000 a week then 1,000,000 is a trickle.

Associate
So guys and gals,
I was 9th in Que for the Zotac Trinity OC.
Got me email today the AMP Holo has been dispatched. So the wait is over for me.
Ordered it in Nov and was only 84 in Que.
I wasn't in a hurry and k ew it was gonna be after Christmas when I ordered it. Got to admit didn't think it would have been this bad.
BIG thanx to @ScottiB and @Gibbo .
For all the info you guys supplied.
Good luck to you all waiting.

84 since November wow, that took a while. I ordered palit 3080 from OC back in November, I was 187 in the queue to start off with and was around 70 in the queue in March, so I got fed up of waiting and changed over to a gigabyte 3080 instead. Anyways man congrats on getting your card, enjoy it!

Associate
I mentioned months ago the card had been discontinued and was told that wasn't the case yet not a single one has been received since then...I mean I don't want to sound suspicious but not a single one has been received. Not one. Nada. Zilch. Zip.
So is it the case or not? Have I paid for the MSI Ventus OC 3080 that will never arrive, if it's discontinued but why was I never been told about it or changed to a different card?
Is there any way we could get a long list of cards with orders like @Gibbo post, backorders and incoming shipments, think we all understand but how do MSI not barely send any cards.

Last edited:
Associate
Feel like those of us in the Eagle queue are just waiting for the inevitable at this point. Card seems to have vanished entirely and with good reason considering it's an entry level card. Any news on what OC are planning to do with 3080 LHR cards once more board partners start putting them out? Will they be treated as a new release?

Associate
Feel like those of us in the Eagle queue are just waiting for the inevitable at this point. Card seems to have vanished entirely and with good reason considering it's an entry level card. Any news on what OC are planning to do with 3080 LHR cards once more board partners start putting them out? Will they be treated as a new release?

It's a good point - I was going to ask Scotti & Gibbo if they'd started seeing any of the LHR varients arrive yet - they may be the same model, just a slightly different part code to distinguish. Or maybe they'll only start arriving after the Ti launch.

Associate
@Gibbo Please could you offer a paid upgrade for 3080 queuers to a 3080 Ti pre-order queue for the equivalent card (e.g. Eagle -> Eagle) while retaining the same queuing order? Rather than those of us that have been queuing for 9 months being treated the same as everyone else in the usual Day-1 F5 frenzy? I think this would greatly help out both the people wanting to "throw money at the problem" by securing a 3080Ti as well as those wanting to hold out for a 3080 as at least they will move forward in their queue.

If the problem is that the Ti price is unknown/undisclosed, maybe you could just use what people have already paid as a kind of deposit to hold their position in the 3080Ti pre-order queue. Once they pay for the 3080Ti order you then automatically cancel their 3080 order. If you don't do this the likelihood is that people won't leave the 3080 queue even if they do get a 3080Ti (because profit). You could give people a week say to pay for their 3080Ti once the price is known else they stay in the 3080 queue.

Associate
Please could you offer a paid upgrade for 3080 queuers to a 3080 Ti pre-order queue for the equivalent card (e.g. Eagle -> Eagle) while retaining the same queuing order?
I wonder what the actual supply of the 3080 Ti cards is going to be like? Unfortunately, I feel it isn't going to be great, spread too thinly worldwide.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
They are both probably right. They are making more than ever before but that is just a trickle compared to the demand.

If say they were making 500,000 a week and have now rampled up to 1,000,000 a week then GN is right, they are making many more than ever before. However if demand worldwide is for 5,000,000 a week then 1,000,000 is a trickle.

I think something dodgy is still going on in the distribution channels... the amount of cards apparently being made and the number of outstanding retail orders after > 6 months just doesn't add up in my opinion.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
@Gibbo Please could you offer a paid upgrade for 3080 queuers to a 3080 Ti pre-order queue for the equivalent card (e.g. Eagle -> Eagle) while retaining the same queuing order? Rather than those of us that have been queuing for 9 months being treated the same as everyone else in the usual Day-1 F5 frenzy? I think this would greatly help out both the people wanting to "throw money at the problem" by securing a 3080Ti as well as those wanting to hold out for a 3080 as at least they will move forward in their queue.

If the problem is that the Ti price is unknown/undisclosed, maybe you could just use what people have already paid as a kind of deposit to hold their position in the 3080Ti pre-order queue. Once they pay for the 3080Ti order you then automatically cancel their 3080 order. If you don't do this the likelihood is that people won't leave the 3080 queue even if they do get a 3080Ti (because profit). You could give people a week say to pay for their 3080Ti once the price is known else they stay in the 3080 queue.

I'll be very surprised if a premium tier Ti card is offered as a "budget" range like the Eagle.

Back
Top Bottom