Gigabyte Aorus 27" fi27q-x 240hz

Associate
OP
I decided to go for this monitor. I have to say it's really very good. Anyone looking for a nice 27" ips that's also very good at competitive fps games this should be one to add to your short list of possible monitors. It certainly feels like a nice upgrade over the omen 27i which has the same panel as the Dell s2721dgf and LG 27gl850, but it does come at an extra cost.

Big thanks as well to Stig for his help

Associate
I just got mine delivered yesterday, so far I'm very pleased with it. I replaced my middle Dell U2715h in a 3 monitor setup and it fits in well.
So far I've tried a little gaming and it was a noticeable difference over the old 60Hz screen (even moving windows about the screen is smoother).
I've also spent an hour or so doing some software development and everything looked good on the screen - just pointing that out as this panel is BGR rather than RGB (which people had pointed out this can cause some text rendering issues), so my main worry was if it would be a problem using it for looking at text for long periods of time, so far it seems good (though you will probably need to turn down the out of the box brightness)

Note: For the text clarity, you will need to run the Windows Cleartype setup, which will take you around 30 seconds.

Associate
OP
I just got mine delivered yesterday, so far I'm very pleased with it. I replaced my middle Dell U2715h in a 3 monitor setup and it fits in well.
So far I've tried a little gaming and it was a noticeable difference over the old 60Hz screen (even moving windows about the screen is smoother).
I've also spent an hour or so doing some software development and everything looked good on the screen - just pointing that out as this panel is BGR rather than RGB (which people had pointed out this can cause some text rendering issues), so my main worry was if it would be a problem using it for looking at text for long periods of time, so far it seems good (though you will probably need to turn down the out of the box brightness)

Note: For the text clarity, you will need to run the Windows Cleartype setup, which will take you around 30 seconds.

Yes I set up Cleartype as soon as I got it up and running too. I think its a really good gaming monitor and it's pretty good for watching media on too.
the osd sidekick software is pretty damn nice too. well worth installing.

Associate
I'm not sure what to make of the OSD Sidekick software, the settings it shows don't line up with what it says if I actually bring up the OSD on the monitor.. right now the monitor itself says that brightness is 65, while the Sidekick software says it is at 45.

Associate
OP
I'm not sure what to make of the OSD Sidekick software, the settings it shows don't line up with what it says if I actually bring up the OSD on the monitor.. right now the monitor itself says that brightness is 65, while the Sidekick software says it is at 45.

i dont use the osd on the monitor at all only sidekick... i hate pressing buttons on monitors its just so much easier on software with your mouse

Soldato
I bought a 165hz version of this last year, because it had 10-bit colour and the latest display port standard. FI27Q-P. Coming from a Samsung 1920x1080 curved monitor, its a good upgrade.

Associate
Had mine for 4 months now and it’s brilliant. I use it for a mix of FPS gaming and work and I can’t fault it at anything.

Back
Top Bottom