England Euro 2020 Squad Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Stones is a liability

Not this season he hasn't been. I'd totally agree historically but this year he's made one mistake leading to a goal, the same as VVD. He's been solid this year, but because of his history he's highlighted not based on his form but how he was. Same with Pope/Pickford, they went through Popes mistakes on TalkSport but no one ever mentions them because he's not England No1 and so unlikeable like Pickford. Not that I think either of them are good. Sad how bad our keepers are compared to previous tournaments.

Soldato
Measuring what?

DCL has been in poor form for club for a few weeks now, would you still take him to the Euro's or would you want someone like Ings who seems to be banging them in for Southampton on a regular basis?

As you don't watch club football who do you reckon has been performing better for England than Harry Kane, as I said it hasn't been DCL so who do you think should replace Kane?
Ings has scored 1 more goal that DCL in the last 3 months :confused:

Caporegime
Stones is an odd one, based on his form for City he's been solid but I'll always have that nagging doubt in my mind that he's worth a **** up.

Based on form you have to pick him though.

The team I think he will play all being well:

Pickford

Trent, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Shaw

Rice, Henderson

Mount, Kane, Sterling

Last edited:
Caporegime
Stones is an odd one, based on his form for City he's been solid but I'll always have that nagging doubt in my mind that he's worth a **** up.

It's been his best season but having Dias alongside him has helped him immensely. Stones alongside Maguire, possibly Walker if we play 5 at the back, with Pickford behind for England doesn't fill me with confidence.

Caporegime
That's why Southgate likes Walker in that 3, because he knows he has pace to try and get us out of the ****.

Can't say I'm overly confident with that back 3 and keeper either but that's what we've got (and a couple of Southgate favourites).

Oh yeah one other thing you can bet he picks Dier for the squad which is obviously laughable, but ill bet he picks him.

Soldato

The team I think he will play all being well:

Pickford

Trent, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Shaw

Rice, Henderson, Mount

Foden, Kane, Sterling

Hoping the ref won't notice we have 12 players?

Associate
Kane never performs against the big teams, always good against the dross though.

Based on what? It's international football, most of the teams are dross. Is he missing more chances against the top 6 teams in the world or not getting as many chances. What's your stats for suggesting he never performs against the biggest clubs and why has that all came down to Kane unless he's missing more chances against them?

People always level this sort of stuff against top players. Even Messi.

Soldato
Based on what? It's international football, most of the teams are dross. Is he missing more chances against the top 6 teams in the world or not getting as many chances. What's your stats for suggesting he never performs against the biggest clubs and why has that all came down to Kane unless he's missing more chances against them?

People always level this sort of stuff against top players. Even Messi.

Has he ever scored a goal against a good team in a competition? Nearly all of his goals have been against rubbish teams in qualifiers.

Soldato
Has he ever scored a goal against a good team in a competition? Nearly all of his goals have been against rubbish teams in qualifiers.
Are you confusing him with Rooney?

While I agree he doesn't seem to have done it against anyone noteworthy neither has the rest of the England team since 1996 (or should that be 1966?)

Man of Honour
Kane got the golden boot in the last world cup (most recent proper tournament to be held) ffs, I'm not sure what else people expect from him by the age of 24, overtaking Klose as all time leading scorer or something?! He can only score against the teams put in front of him, qualifiers are always weaker opposition due to seeding. He also scored in the nations league against Croatia who were in the last WC final.

Associate

So where Bobby Charltons. 22 goals in friendlies and 13 goals in home nations against Scotland and Wales and co. 35 of his 49 games then were against non events.

Soldato
Kane got the golden boot in the last world cup (most recent proper tournament to be held) ffs, I'm not sure what else people expect from him by the age of 24, overtaking Klose as all time leading scorer or something?! He can only score against the teams put in front of him, qualifiers are always weaker opposition due to seeding. He also scored in the nations league against Croatia who were in the last WC final.

I mean he didn't even turn up in the games that mattered. His goals all came against the rubbish teams and 3 were penalties. The golden Boot flattered him immensely.

Man of Honour
I mean he didn't even turn up in the games that mattered. His goals all came against the rubbish teams and 3 were penalties. The golden Boot flattered him immensely.
That was just England all over though. Everyone was bumming Southgate and co for a wonderful achievement but the reality was no team in the tournament lost more games than England, the only decent teams we played with Belgium Croatia and Columbia none of which we beat over 90/120mins.

England don't have anyone better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom