• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Resident Evil 8 performance

Associate
You didn't get to the flies that I mentioned in the castle, as soon as they get close to the camera the framerate tanks like a mofo - this poor 2070 super goes from 60fps to 22fps in a couple seconds

I am quite curious to why DF was mainly focusing on this GPU, why didnt they try AMD cards out more, they only kinda tried one.

RE is AMD optimised so I would have been interested in seeing how a RX5700XT would perform.

Soldato
I am quite curious to why DF was mainly focusing on this GPU, why didnt they try AMD cards out more, they only kinda tried one.

RE is AMD optimised so I would have been interested in seeing how a RX5700XT would perform.

Probably cause that's what nvidia told them to do :p

Soldato
OP

They don't have any?

The digital foundry guys only use Nvidia in their PC's

They review AMD cards when they launch but probably have to send the cards back as review samples

Associate

they literally had a Nvidia sponsored video about an year ago, that says everything you need to know about it.

Soldato
OP
they literally had a Nvidia sponsored video about an year ago, that says everything you need to know about it.

The digital foundry guys are graphics whores and the fact remains that if graphics is your top priority Nvidia offers the best solution it's not rocket science why they all put the RTX 3090 in their home PCs

Caporegime
They definitely do have AMD GPUs as they sometimes so comparisons showing results on those GPUs

But Grim is right, for everyday gaming they are going to use the best GPU they have, and that is the 3090.

Associate
It's all about £££. :)
this, ignore the people saying the best card wins. in the real world things don't work like that. money makes the world go around and nvidia pay the most money because they see the value in it... really simple and kinda standard practise in 2021.

Caporegime
They certainly lean heavily on nvidias side but then again, all the points they make are backed up with evidence so it's hard to disprove their claims tbh.

Couldn't really care less on their opinions for the hardware side of things but their videos on games and ray tracing are fantastic.

And it's no surprise about resident evils lack lustre ray tracing capabilities given consoles/amds limitations, still though, it looks better than having no ray tracing imo.

Soldato
OP
RE Village at 8k

max settings still doing 40-45fps (possibly 60fps if ray tracing is turned off) , definitely playable if you have gsync on.

look at that VRAM usage though haha, you need 17GB VRAM for 8k

Permabanned
RE Village at 8k

max settings still doing 40-45fps (possibly 60fps if ray tracing is turned off) , definitely playable if you have gsync on.

look at that VRAM usage though haha, you need 17GB VRAM for 8k

This certainl shows that 3090 has the grunt to drive acceptable performances even in 16+ GB VRAM consumption.

I magine with DLSS performnace or balanced mode it would easily retain 8K textures and enjoy a healthy performance boost all the while

UEX

UEX

Associate
Ive had a quick skim of this and its quite entertaining (being someone who fell away from this scene years ago) as on my 1080ti at 4k i get a locked 60fps. Now i have no idea what everything is set to. Definitely not some sort of low settings it looks fantastic. Vram use says its at 12Gb (so more than my 11Gb). Makes me think that there are some very highly taxing graphical features that you all must have turned on. Are they really worth it if youre seeing sub 30 on 30xx series card? I assume its RT thats doing it mostly

Back
Top Bottom