The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I know right i mean, what kind of mindset is, "you evicted people, I'm going to fire 100s if rockets vaguely in the direction of all your people..."

Its not exactly a defensible starting position.

Accept you missed a step. After some housing evictions, which more are more actually an invasion of an occupied territory. Protesters were shot injuring 100s and murdering about 10-20 (without looking up the exact numbers) and Red Crescent doctors weren't allowed past to provide medical assistance. The massacre already started before the rockets. Not that I don't think the rockets were

One of the families having their house stolen has had it happen twice before. Imagine that for a minute

The rockets were a bad idea and Hamas need to be disbanded

Soldato
You've got to admit though the left whinge something chronic about any criticism of Israel being called anti-semitic but it's a trick they've practically trademarked themselves to shut down debate on an industrial scale. Islamophia? Transphobia? Racism? they're basically being given a tiny bit of their own medicine and they don't like it.

Perhaps because they (we) aren't anti-Semitic, we're anti-zionist.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Probably true but have the proxy backing of other richer Islamic states and still use their anti-Israel propaganda.
This has changed a lot in recent years due to the reduction in ability to get aid into Palestine. And with the arrests and murders of many of the adult male population there are less and less able to correctly and adequately utilise what is received. All of which is unfortunately leading to indiscriminate, violent retaliation.

They are in essence self-oppressed as for decades Israel and it's allies have tried for peace but they are trying to appease a martyr ideology.
Self oppressed Palestinians? Israel wants peace? ...u wot m8

Where do they get these so-called crude rockets that mange to kill innocent people from? They seem to have the financial ability to kill people with rockets rather than work towards a peaceful resolution.
Didn't you answer that in your own post?

Palestine and it's backers has managed to brainwash the majority of their population to believe their propaganda, do not listen to any condemnation of their actions and perpetually oppress and terrorise Israel.
As stated, they're fighting for their freedom from an oppressive regime. With the decline in their education, removal of significant leaders and without any political power they're left to fight their oppression in this manner.

Israel and it's allies have tried for peace, other islamic states have worked to keep Palestine as a victim and as a proxy for war against the west.
If Israel truly wanted peace they would not be training their IDF in the manner they do, they would not be committing systemic genocide, they would not be forcibly stealing land, they would not be limiting food saying they're "putting the Palestinians on a diet", they would not be preventing aid reaching Palestine.

Israel is violating the human rights of the Palestinians whilst the world watches and nods along.

Soldato
You've got to admit though the left whinge something chronic about any criticism of Israel being called anti-semitic but it's a trick they've practically trademarked themselves to shut down debate on an industrial scale. Islamophia? Transphobia? Racism? they're basically being given a tiny bit of their own medicine and they don't like it.

I think you might have missed the joke.

Soldato
Hamas kept provoking Isreal. They should have expected to get steamrolled eventually. Not sure what the tactic of randomly firing off rockets at them was ever going to achieve.

The rest of the world won't do anything because every time they have helped a bunch of Islamentalists, it's come back to bite later on.

Soldato
This is where the stupid approach of grouping ideas and lines of discussion along 'left' and 'right' (which you are particularly guilty of) comes undone.

You'll refuse an argument from one person about saying that anti-zionism /= anti-semitism, just because someone somewhere else has, like you say, overplayed another -phobia or -ism.

What you are doing is using identity politics to swat away what might be a completely valid point. You don't realise that not everyone fits into 'leftist' or 'right wing' ways of thinking exclusively.

Associate
Perhaps because they (we) aren't anti-Semitic, we're anti-zionist.

I'm not even anti-zionist. Zionism is the belief in a Jewish state is viable, I believe that's pretty essential for the securement of Jewish peoples safety. I just don't want a Jewish state that commits war crimes constantly while constantly annexing part of it's occupied neighbour.

Soldato
This is where the stupid approach of grouping ideas and lines of discussion along 'left' and 'right' (which you are particularly guilty of) comes undone.

You'll refuse an argument from one person about saying that anti-zionism /= anti-semitism, just because someone somewhere else has, like you say, overplayed another -phobia or -ism.

What you are doing is using identity politics to swat away what might be a completely valid point. You don't realise that not everyone fits into 'leftist' or 'right wing' ways of thinking exclusively.

indeed, it is a ridiculous framing often used to dismiss arguments.

Especially when racism can’t exactly be equated. Israel /=/ Jewish. They are not the same thing. To criticise Israel is not a criticism of Jews, and in fact to claim it is, is seen as racist. A lot of Jews think Israel is a disgrace.

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Indeed, but honestly trying to use one group, how many mass killings , suicide bombings etc are committed under the name of Islam, I mean Isis alone ....yeah your argument is weak.

Not really, you're just lumping different things together to make a not so great point with regards to the current situation.

ISIS, for all their frothing fanatical kill the non believers rubbish, aren't really involved with the Israel-Palestine conflict. If you replaced the Palestinians with another group, I suspect they too would be 'slightly annoyed' about their treatment by Israel, and at the fact that they lose land illegally.

Caporegime
Hamas kept provoking Isreal. They should have expected to get steamrolled eventually. Not sure what the tactic of randomly firing off rockets at them was ever going to achieve.

The rest of the world won't do anything because every time they have helped a bunch of Islamentalists, it's come back to bite later on.
maybe if israel ended their illegal occupation of the west bank, stopped evicting Palestinians and putting Israelis in their place.. there wouldn't be any rockets

israel loves to stir the hornets nest and play victim everytime they get stung.

they are just doing exactly what the nazis did with warsaw

Soldato
Did he just describe a rocket as an enhanced firework? Seriously way to detract any other points made.

I do think there is a lot of suffering going on in Palestine I just don't know the measure of extent that is inflicted by its own leadership.

They aren’t firing IBM’s. The rockets are crudely hand made and more akin to fireworks than anything resembling modern missile weaponry.

Associate
Did he just describe a rocket as an enhanced firework? Seriously way to detract any other points made.

I do think there is a lot of suffering going on in Palestine I just don't know the measure of extent that is inflicted by its own leadership.

If you define it's own leadership as Israeli Government who control everything that happens within it. Then yes, yes it is it's owns governments fault

Hamas are ***** too, just lesser *****

Man of Honour
They aren’t firing IBM’s. The rockets are crudely hand made and more akin to fireworks than anything resembling modern missile weaponry.

They have 1000s of rockets of all sorts and even some ATGMs, etc. writing them off as hand made is wrong.

Associate

So a crudely home or shed made rocket packed with the right mix of chemicals and shrapnel is an enhanced firework? I can crudely make Neolithic spear from foraging in a wood with a pen knife and some rocks throw it into a crowd of people, if it kills someone that's fine it's just an enhanced stick it's not a weapon at all.

It detracts from anything valid he might of said after because its plainly a false statement. I was with him until he said it.

People have died from those "enhanced fireworks" Israel have spent millions on its anti air systems for a threat that's an enhanced firework give me a break.

Soldato
So a crudely home or shed made rocket packed with the right mix of chemicals and shrapnel is an enhanced firework? I can crudely make Neolithic spear from foraging in a wood with a pen knife and some rocks throw it into a crowd of people, if it kills someone that's fine it's just an enhanced stick it's not a weapon at all.

It detracts from anything valid he might of said after because its plainly a false statement. I was with him until he said it.

People have died from those "enhanced fireworks" Israel have spent millions on its anti air system for threat to an enhanced firework give me a break.

His point is it is entirely correct for them to be using what ever they can to defend themselves... so how were you with him in any way what so ever when you’ve clearly missed his point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom