Fed up with every days GDPR pop up!

Soldato
WHY IS GDPR STILL USING IN UK? EU - WILL YOU PLEASE REMOVED THAT GDPR IN UK AS WE NO LONGER WITH EU. NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY GDPR STILL IN UNITED KINGDOM AS PART OF EU - NO WE AIN'T WITH EU. REMOVED NOW!

Pho

Pho

Soldato
So you want companies to be able to keep your personal data forever, and to hold way more information than they really need from you? That's odd. As an individual GDPR is a great law because it stops companies / data processors abusing all your data. However, I absolutely hate the popups; it was badly implemented. It would have been far better if you could set a browser setting that notifies websites rather than having to have a popup each time.

(or just use https://www.i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/ to auto accept most of the popups)

Maybe we should get rid of those nasty EU safety standards enshrined in our law now as well. Or all those emissions labels we have to have on products to help reduce emissions...

Caporegime
They need to just make a standardised template so that websites can't make them so complex and time consuming, just have two buttons, one for "essential" data collection which is the absolute bare minimum (ie. not logging what people are viewing for targetted advertising and all of the other stuff that are claimed to provide a better service but are really just a scam to profile users) and another button for the idiots who either don't know what the right to privacy is or don't care.

Or even better, what if we could go back to something like 20 years ago when all of the tech world wasn't totally obsessed with acting like Big Brother? make the internet as read-only as possible unless a user is specifically choosing to send information. You can't even go to random web pages these days without them having numerous trackers and device fingerprinters embedded in them.

Last edited:
Soldato
They need to just make a standardised template so that websites can't make them so complex and time consuming, just have two buttons, one for "essential" data collection which is the absolute bare minimum (ie. not logging what people are viewing for targetted advertising and all of the other stuff that are claimed to provide a better service but are really just a scam to profile users) and another button for the idiots who either don't know what the right to privacy is or don't care.

Or even better, what if we could go back to something like 20 years ago when all of the tech world wasn't totally obsessed with acting like Big Brother? make the internet as read-only as possible unless a user is specifically choosing to send information. You can't even go to random web pages these days without them having numerous trackers and device fingerprinters embedded in them.
Agree with a lot of this.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

WHY IS GDPR STILL USING IN UK? EU - WILL YOU PLEASE REMOVED THAT GDPR IN UK AS WE NO LONGER WITH EU. NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY GDPR STILL IN UNITED KINGDOM AS PART OF EU - NO WE AIN'T WITH EU. REMOVED NOW!

Erm, we aren't in the EU GDPR - it was adopted into UK law so it's just UK GDPR now.

If you want the UK GDPR law changed, just petition like you would for any other UK law. Although I doubt you'll get very far as the UK were one of the main drivers for GDPR.

Caporegime
Erm, we aren't in the EU GDPR - it was adopted into UK law so it's just UK GDPR now.

If you want the UK GDPR law changed, just petition like you would for any other UK law. Although I doubt you'll get very far as the UK were one of the main drivers for GDPR.

Dear parliament, I would like to give Corporations all my data for as long as they want, to save me having to agree to click one mouse button on a website when I visit.

Signed
bulldog147

Man of Honour
I find increasingly web-sites are going to **** for usability :( you clear a few modal popups/overs, finally get to the bit you want just for something else to load in changing the layout, then when you've finally got back to it the next pop over appears trying to get you to subscribe or register or can they help or "you could be our next winner" or whatever other banal rubbish. And that is often after you've resorted to blocking ads and scripts as much as possible.

Soldato
Half the time I go to a new website there are that many pop ups I give up half way through clearing them and decide what I wanted to read wasnt that important.

Is there not some sort of plugin to auto accept them? Its not so bad on desktop but android is a nightmare.

Permabanned
LOL people complained because sites mined all your data and when it come into play that you could opt out people complained because of to many pop ups. Is there anything people don’t cry about.

If only it was a browser plug-in to opt in/out.

Another fail by the world.

Associate
Agreed - its been a complete waste of time and created a ton of non-jobs.

I'm still getting the same amount of spam as I did before and just have annoying popups everywhere

Back
Top Bottom