• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Alternative to Amd and Nvidia?

Soldato
Moore's Law is dead seems to have afair bit of coverage on these, apparently late 21 is the expected 'launch' at around 3070 performance.

Are Intel really likely to jump in at the same performance levels of last year's flagship cards? It would be good for the market, but seems a little on the optimistic side.

Soldato
if it has mining abtributes, then it will make no difference, they all go to miners and scalpers, we be no better off, personally i think it be another year if not more till things go back to normal ish msrp

Man of Honour
3070 performance is super optimistic even a year later. You gotta remember Nvidia and AMD are so far ahead of everyone in the gaming sector that to get something with 3070 performance starting from nothing other than some iGPUs with low end performance would be a MASSIVE achievement. Intel has never, ever been anywhere close to that in the 3d acceleration era. Look at all the other competitors over the years... PowerVR, Matrox, S3D etc - despite some interesting technology none of them got close to the top dogs in NV/3dfx and ATI/AMD.

Christ, 3070 is what, 2080/2080Ti sort of territory? That's mega fast, I can't see them doing it, I think they are more likely to fill a gap in the market for people that want to spend a few hundred quid and get a 1070 type product.
Can they produce good hardware? Well, they have the R&D budget, the track record of hardware production, sure. But can they produce bleeding edge performance drivers to go with it like Nvidia have been honing for the past 20 years? I doubt it.

Associate
Intel is coming baby ! :cool::cool::cool:

And it's going to cause a huge shake up in the industry.
3070 performance??? Yes pls.

With good RT levels and probably a DLSS equivalent?
Yes pls.

Should put it on par with 6900xt with RT. exciting times.

Hardware will be good but can the drivers be good? That's the question.

Soldato
A 6900XT isnt on par with a 3070 lol - it beats a 3090 at times....

As this is Intel`s first attempt, i can only see it `matching` a 3070 in 1 use and be at 3060 or belwo performance for everything else. Low to mid range at best. Just as AMD did with RDNA 1.

Soldato
Intel is coming baby ! :cool::cool::cool:

And it's going to cause a huge shake up in the industry.
3070 performance??? Yes pls.

With good RT levels and probably a DLSS equivalent?
Yes pls.

Should put it on par with 6900xt with RT. exciting times.

Hardware will be good but can the drivers be good? That's the question.

Then you wake up and realise you were in the shower for the last 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom