BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Oooof just sat in the new M3 competition that my uncle got as a courtesy car, never seen so much carbon fibre on show, absolutely love the carbon fibre roof. Had the optional extra carbon bucket seats as well, what a car! Just hate the big nostril front end.
I really hated the nostrils at first too, now I only kind of dislike them, give it a few years and I'll like them....just in time for me to have one lol.

The odd thing is for me that they look okish until the number plate goes on the car, then they look even worse. Saw an M4 in Harry Fairbairn (Kirkcaldy branch) with no plates on and it kind of suited it.

Maybe I'm just talking myself around to them?

Soldato
I really hated the nostrils at first too, now I only kind of dislike them, give it a few years and I'll like them....just in time for me to have one lol.

The odd thing is for me that they look okish until the number plate goes on the car, then they look even worse. Saw an M4 in Harry Fairbairn (Kirkcaldy branch) with no plates on and it kind of suited it.

Oooh, someone local!

Associate

Maybe you need to go to specsavers?

Soldato
Maybe a silly question, but I currently use my partners A3 2016 which allows me to have Android Auto via cable. If I'm looking to get a runaround 520d 2011-13, will I be able to use Spotify via Bluetooth and/or cable? I'm not fussed about Android Auto but as long as I can have my music.

Soldato
Maybe a silly question, but I currently use my partners A3 2016 which allows me to have Android Auto via cable. If I'm looking to get a runaround 520d 2011-13, will I be able to use Spotify via Bluetooth and/or cable? I'm not fussed about Android Auto but as long as I can have my music.
Unfortunately I think the spotify integration was iPhone only IIRC but you can stream via bluetooth. Just can't use iDrive to choose playlists/albums etc.

Man of Honour

What's the difference between a runaround 520d and a normal 520d?

The answer is that Spotify will work fine over Bluetooth (if the car has enhanced bluetooth optioned, if it doesn't it's quite complex as to which support it and which don't but it can be enabled via coding) and allow track selection but the full Spotify integration supports only the iPhone and requires the BMW Apps Interface option which is very rare on a pre 2013 car. It's also quite hit and miss.

Soldato
What's the difference between a runaround 520d and a normal 520d?

The answer is that Spotify will work fine over Bluetooth (if the car has enhanced bluetooth optioned, if it doesn't it's quite complex as to which support it and which don't but it can be enabled via coding) and allow track selection but the full Spotify integration supports only the iPhone and requires the BMW Apps Interface option which is very rare on a pre 2013 car. It's also quite hit and miss.
Is that from the era where they were charging for something that cost them nothing (can't remember if it was caraway or Android auto they charged for).

Caporegime

They do look a lot better in the flesh than on photos

mjt

mjt

Soldato
What are the suspension options on the G20 now?
My parents are looking at a 330i Touring (M340i is overkill). What is "Adaptive M suspension" on the M Sports models? Is it like the adjustable dampers on the old F10, or is there no adaptive damping at all on the G20? Is the M suspension Audi-hard, or better?

Soldato
Unfortunately I think the spotify integration was iPhone only IIRC but you can stream via bluetooth. Just can't use iDrive to choose playlists/albums etc.
people, also, want the convenience of bluetooth, even if the quality would be better by usb cable - progress,
although I've seen comments that supporting usb for spotify may infringe licensing, as, you would have a bit-perfect copy.

Back
Top Bottom