Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Soldato
Is the second image the new one? Looks awful. Lighting is way less dramatic and realistic.
Yes. Really sharp textures and crisp look, but they've taken out the dramatic shader system for a more universal one. So no more handcrafted lighting scenes, a lot of people who have the game are talking about it.

I'm hoping some talented folks out there make a mod that readjusts the shaders to capture the original feel.

Associate
Can anyone comment on how HDR looks?

Based on the screenshots I have seen, seems like the lighting has changed quite a bit, and not for the better. Gotta hope some clever modder can fix this. :(

Last edited:
Associate
Looks washed out to be honest, I'm hoping they'll fix it, still has the hanky double space-bar mechanic, but happy to be replaying one of my favourite franchises

Soldato
Should have picked this up last week for £35, didn’t expect it to go up £8 prior to release.

Will probably wait it out now until the price drops.

Up to £43 now on cdkeys.com. I'll wait. It was £35 last week!
Yeah I wish I would've caved when it was cheaper. Think I'll still bite at £43 though, annoyingly.
This is standard practice from what I've observed over the past few years buying from CD Keys. Usually the earlier you pre-order the lower the price. It then creeps up a bit towards launch day before increasing significantly afterwards for a while before it drops again. It's the reason why I always pre-order a game if I know I'll want to play it on release.

Soldato
Welp, I'm man enough to admit it. I got a little watery eyed when the cut scene played out when headed to the citadel. As a huge fan of the series and not having played it in a long time (years...). I got overwhelmed by the excitement of the adventure that is about to begin. I first played this when it came out when I was just about to turn 20. Seems like a life time ago.

Playing a Vanguard on insanity difficulty.

Also, pretty happy with my Fem Shep! Character code: 1G1.44A.E1C.C2E.GGI.4DT.FEH.156.PF7.77B.A3A.1BG.B

cO69IHg.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Welp, I'm man enough to admit it. I got a little watery eyed when the cut scene played out when headed to the citadel. As a huge fan of the series and not having played it in a long time (years...). I got overwhelmed by the excitement of the adventure that is about to begin. I first played this when it came out when I was just about to turn 20. Seems like a life time ago.

Playing a Vanguard on insanity difficulty.

Also, pretty happy with my Fem Shep! Character code: 1G1.44A.E1C.C2E.GGI.4DT.FEH.156.PF7.77B.A3A.1BG.B

cO69IHg.jpg
Yip. She's hot! :D

Associate
Just bought it off of steam and it's downloading as I type. Expensive I'll admit but I love these games. I only played through ME1 once a long time ago so this will be like a fresh play through for me.

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
I don't like the changes to the lighting system. Textures are great but it's took away the ambience and style of the scenes. The LE looks like her evil older sister. The original captured her youth and nativity perfectly.

meleliara.jpg

(btw not sure I've hosted the image correctly. I'll take it down if not.)

Wow. First thing that came to mind was the line from The Expanse with Amos going "What, the **** is that?". Agreed with it making it look more like an evil sister. How's the rest so far? Hopefully it looks better.

Caporegime
Looks like a no buy for many 21:9 users unless you like black bars lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-Jj17-16E

Some of that is his scaling settings are whack in his GPU.
I can do 2560x1440 centre without it going to the left

But honestly, there's a lot of games that do similar stuff even supporting 21:9, I'm pretty sure mass effect Andromeda does the same?

Mass Effect Remaster has met my expectations (Which were low) and only met them.

Its just Mass Effect, but a little less janky for 2021.

Soldato
Amazingly considering how much I've played the games over the years I don't seem to be that bothered about this atm. I'm sure I will play this when I've cleared a few other games but I'm in no rush. I haven't played any of the series for about 7 years or so so I would like to go through them again. I've probably done ME about 10 times, 2 about 6 or 7 and 3 twice.

I don't know how I'll feel when I get to ME3 though. Kind of makes me not want to bother with the series again tbh.

Soldato
Looks like a no buy for many 21:9 users unless you like black bars lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-Jj17-16E

I've not seen a game yet that doesn't have black bars in cutscenes. To be honest after about 5 minutes I stop noticing.

Overall the graphics seem way better than the original when in motion unless you start scrutinising stills in specific scenes, in fact there have been areas when i've actually been quite impressed, the only bit that's felt janky to me so far is the lake on the Citadel where I think they have been a bit lazy. I tried to play ME3 the other month and it looked janky because of the fuzzy textures, this doesn't suffer from that. I spent 5 hours on it last night, it's very playable and after a few minutes the controls actually feel ok. It did one hard reboot on my PC about 3 hours in but otherwise it was spot on.

Just play the game, don't inspect the technical details. It's like FPS, I don't get why people get so hung up on whether they are getting 70FPS or 90FPS, if it's smooth, it's smooth. You are meant to play games not carry out a performance analysis on them.

Back
Top Bottom