WiFi adapter card upgrade for Ryzen chipset laptop.

Soldato
Hi all,

Recently picked up one of these https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...z-ryzen-r7-4800h-gaming-laptop-lt-2cc-as.html

Runs great, one issue though is the WiFi coverage is absolute junk, can't game in rooms other than where the router is based, even when in that room a speed test shows 60mb when I can run the same test on my phone and get 230mb/s, I've tried different drivers etc and the connection is just still flaky / poor. Turned off power saving bits etc with it being a laptop, same issue prevails. If i move into the next room it drops to as low as 15mb/s, upstairs is a no go.

Anyone have any recommendations for a WiFi (6 maybe?) card to replace the existing one, most of what I can find are for Intel based chip sets :(

Thanks

Permabanned
Is it m2, and why would it not work due to being an intel WIFI/BT card?

Some of the AMD Mobos have that dread buggy Intel 2.5Gb/s NIC in them.

Would you like WIFI6E and BT5.2 for like £20-25?

Intel AX210

Soldato
OP
Is it m2, and why would it not work due to being an intel WIFI/BT card?

Some of the AMD Mobos have that dread buggy Intel 2.5Gb/s NIC in them.

Would you like WIFI6E and BT5.2 for like £20-25?

Intel AX210
I'm just going by most product pages saying Intel chipset only, if thats not the case, great :D

Yeah it is m2

Permabanned
The older model the AX200 was for any device but the AX201 needed an Intel CPU of certain models for 2 functions it had (I would need refresh my memory and read up).

The newer AX210 is any device and I assume a AX211 or such will also appear.

You could just buy the older AX200 and have WIFI6ax and BT5.0 if you want to save a few £ and easier to find, do not buy the AX201 for reason above.

Soldato
OP
The older model the AX200 was for any device but the AX201 needed an Intel CPU of certain models for 2 functions it had (I would need refresh my memory and read up).

The newer AX210 is any device and I assume a AX211 or such will also appear.

You could just buy the older AX200 and have WIFI6ax and BT5.0 if you want to save a few £ and easier to find, do not buy the AX201 for reason above.
Great, found the ax200 for a dubious 17 quid but fulfilled by that rainforest place and reviews saying seems a genuine product, so taken a punt if not I'll get the AX210.

Thanks very much for your help will report back when it's installed tomorrow :D

Soldato
I picked up one of these cheap AX200's for my Tuf A15 also after speaking to you and my speeds have went from around 60mbps to a solid 160mbps, (i think my old virgin router is having a heart attack keeping up :) )

At first i thought it wasn't any better than the realtek one but it turned out steam had started a 18gb update for street fighter 5 which it did at a constant 20mb so i'm very happy now :)

Back
Top Bottom