Resident Evil Village

Associate
Done 2 runs so far, one on starndard and one on hardcore. Not sure i can be bothered to do the hardest mode. Although on hardcore the only thing i found hard was the first bit when you get over run and the very last bosss took me probably 15 tries.

First run on standard took 9.5hours.
second run hardcore took 6.5

Soldato
I'm playing on casual like... a filthy casual.

Must admit I think I've played myself as the boss fights are utterly thrilling and an added level of difficulty probably would've made them even more intense.

Saw someone say they managed a run on easy in 1hr 55 mins, once you know what’s happening you can breeze through it.

I can well believe it, after finishing VII I thought, if I wanted to, I could totally breeze through that in less than half of the time it initially took me. It's knowing where to go and how to work the puzzles.

Is there an achievement to finishing the game under a timeframe like in VII do we know?

Just got to the factory... I fear I'm nearing the end :(

Soldato
I think i finished second run on casual in about 6 hours and third about 5.25 hours but on both occasions i was still backtracking and collecting all the treasures and money to get the upgrades for the weapons. (I think the STAKE costs about 2-3Mil to fully upgrade to get the infinite ammo). I am pretty sure i could do on casual in under 3 hours if i just concentrated on the key points to hit and not bother with any of the mini bosses.

One thing that amused me was the challenge of killing fish man in under a minute and though how am i going to do that? Then on second run with magnum it took 3-4 shots and about 30 seconds :D

Soldato
Completed this, loved it! I am not usually a fan of the first person games but this game nailed it, I think the Castle was the best location, in contrast I was not really keen on the Factory level - I thought the tall lady was going to be in it throughout the game going by the trailers, but was just a one location boss!

Soldato
Completed this last night. It was alright, probably a 7/10 for me. Like others, I enjoyed the castle location and some other bits, but the factory onwards was a bit naff. The ‘feel’ of the guns was atrocious too.
Also,

the way they wedge in a load of RE lore at the end about Miranda and the original Umbrella guy literally through some books and photos seemed incredibly lazy and as though it wasn’t intended to be a RE to begin with.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Got to the last Lord, started the Stronghold mission and have absolutely no ammo left :( searched the village and bought everything from the Duke including upgrades, but not a single bullet left :( feeling I might have to restart the game :mad:

Soldato
Got to the last Lord, started the Stronghold mission and have absolutely no ammo left :( searched the village and bought everything from the Duke including upgrades, but not a single bullet left :( feeling I might have to restart the game :mad:

Shoot crows for cash/lei and buy bullets?

Soldato
Money isn't the issue, the Duke doesn't have any ammo left :(

Blimey, didn't realise that was a possibility! A bit game breaking if there's no other way out of it.

Unless you're able to tone down the difficulty to the lowest setting and knife your way through? :D

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Blimey, didn't realise that was a possibility! A bit game breaking if there's no other way out of it.

Unless you're able to tone down the difficulty to the lowest setting and knife your way through? :D

My thoughts also, I don't expect there to be tons of ammo, but enough to get through the game... knifing is hard to do! There is an infinite ammo "cheat" but only when you complete the game.

Soldato
Glad I played on casual now :D I didn't realise ammo was a finite thing.

Can you upgrade any of your gun capacities? I know you've said "all upgrades", but ammo capacity upgrades allegedly fill your ammo slot.

Sorry Baz... enjoy your second run otherwise :(

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Glad I played on casual now :D I didn't realise ammo was a finite thing.

Can you upgrade any of your gun capacities? I know you've said "all upgrades", but ammo capacity upgrades allegedly fill your ammo slot.

Sorry Baz... enjoy your second run otherwise :(

The "upgrades" do refill some ammo as well, so bought all of those. One last run around the village and wherever I can get before restarting, I read that you are supposed to avoid combat where possible, but it doesn't feel like that kind of game to me

Soldato
The "upgrades" do refill some ammo as well, so bought all of those. One last run around the village and wherever I can get before restarting, I read that you are supposed to avoid combat where possible, but it doesn't feel like that kind of game to me

Yeah after suffering so much with Returnal I played through this on Casual and pretty much blasted everything in sight. I just wasn't in the mood for another struggle on another game.

Soldato
You actually get even more upgrades that become available after your first play through along with weapons to buy but better saving up and buying the wolfsbane and maxing that with infinite ammo.

I found knifing really easy actually. I actually made it to the Dimitrescu fight including the sisters by knifing them. When you get the blocking timing right it gets pretty intuitive and you can save a load of ammo.

Soldato

I played standard and had zero issues with ammo, i also fought every battle.

I upgraded my shotty first and used this mainly, sometimes used pistol (upgraded) on weaker baddies, on boss battles it was shotty, nade launcher and Magnum. Also, i initally wasn't interested in pipe bombs and mines, but they become really useful when there are hordes of bad guys coming for you. Just before you trigger such a fight, i set up mines everywhere first.

You either need to watch your aim, craft ammo more than medkits, or search more thoroughly (use lockpicks etc). Also, finding treasure and combining items gives huge amounts of Lei, so you can upgrade and buy ammo.

Last edited:
Soldato
You actually get even more upgrades that become available after your first play through along with weapons to buy but better saving up and buying the wolfsbane and maxing that with infinite ammo.

I found knifing really easy actually. I actually made it to the Dimitrescu fight including the sisters by knifing them. When you get the blocking timing right it gets pretty intuitive and you can save a load of ammo.

I had no idea how to block/guard, never used it once :(

Back
Top Bottom