Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Associate
I like forcing game cutscenes to 21:9 (if there is a way to do it). Sometimes there can be all sorts of nonsense going on outside of frame that you're not supposed to see :D.

Soldato
I've heard people are saying that the dialogue is better acted using fem Shep ? Is it that much better ? I haven't started the game yet but I'm not sure what to pick

Soldato
I've heard people are saying that the dialogue is better acted using fem Shep ? Is it that much better ? I haven't started the game yet but I'm not sure what to pick

It's Jennifer Hale. As VA's go, she's one of the best there is. Mark Meer does a good turn, especially some of the renegade options, but he's not really in the same league.

Soldato
In ME1 male Shep is as flat as a pancake, he often sounds like a pull string action man saying lines. He gets better in ME2 and then by ME3 he fully comes into his stride (its likely the recording sessions are also better directed). On the other hand femshep is consistent from the get go. Jennifer Hale just seems to bring life and personality to every role she plays.

I’ve been both over the years and have no problem enjoying the game with either.

Associate
It's Jennifer Hale. As VA's go, she's one of the best there is. Mark Meer does a good turn, especially some of the renegade options, but he's not really in the same league.

I preferred Hale for ME1, but by ME3 Meer was much improved and I did prefer some of his delivery. Hale is solid the whole way through though, no doubt.

Soldato
I'm like so tempted by this. loved the first 2 games, some of my favourite games ever. didn't play the 3rd as I'd got a 32:9 aspect ratio monitor by the time I got round to trying it and I struggled to get it working so gave up.

Associate
Making my way through ME1... taking my time and taking it in. The graphical changes are nice and makes the game look much cleaner and I love how the facial appearance of femshep has carried over from ME3.

For those on the fence about the price and whether it's worth it... If you can afford to there is currently no better way to play through the trilogy for new and veteran players. If you understandably don't want to pay the current price, give it a while. The price will drop.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am hearing there's no FOV slider and forced mouse acceleration.

Seems to have quite significant issues for PC players. Hopefully they will fix both of them in the future. I haven't played ME games before (wanted to but never got around to it) so this is a great opportunity to experience the full saga but I suppose I will have to wait for a bit more...or hopefully modders will save the day.

Soldato
Playing this on insanity was totally the right call. It's forcing me to use all the tools at my disposal. Much more fun than last time I played it.

The AI in ME1 is far from great and the skill aiming is a bit janky. But I'm properly hooked. Gonna aim for the all 3 titles completed on insanity :D

Soldato
I am hearing there's no FOV slider and forced mouse acceleration.

Seems to have quite significant issues for PC players. Hopefully they will fix both of them in the future. I haven't played ME games before (wanted to but never got around to it) so this is a great opportunity to experience the full saga but I suppose I will have to wait for a bit more...or hopefully modders will save the day.

I'm playing on kb+m, not noticed any accelerating? It's perfectly fine, and I'm super sensitive to sluggish mouse input and acceleration. You might be reading peoples views of the original.

There is a weird bug where after you fast travel or exit/enter a room, for about 2 seconds, the mouse movement is reduced but this is something so small it's not even worth being worried about.

What is worrying me, there are open areas with some technical issues, I'm getting heavy FPS stutter sometimes when roaming around on planets. I've got everything on max and run at 3840x1600 with a 3090, so it's clearly not my rig. My wife is getting the same on a 2070 Super with a lower res.

Also, I agree, they do need a FOV slider, thankfully I'm playing on UW so I'm not impacted by this. But I want to play on the TV at some point and I know it's going to bug me playing at something silly like 55 FOV.

Back
Top Bottom