The Emirates FA Cup Final Chelsea v Leicester City ** Spoilers ** [15th May 2021]

Caporegime
Regardless of whether it was technically offside or not **** VAR.

Either way Chelsea got what they deserved, garbage performance, garbage team selection, garbage effort, garbage passion.

Tuchel is just a glorified Morinho without the success.

Don
Really happy for Rodgers, he had (and has) his flaws and he lost the plot at the end of his time with us but on the whole he done a good job and was often unfairly ridiculed.

Caporegime
Recent Leicester history is incredible.

That goal and save for the final too, huge. Well done Brendan, fantastic manager.

Soldato
We can have a debate about the wider issues of the offside rule another time but the law is what it is at the moment and relative to some of the decisions we've seen over the past 2 seasons, that wasn't massively close. There was clear daylight between the two lines, something that's not always been the case.

As unfortunate as it was for Chelsea, it would have been 10x more unfortunate for Leicester had the goal been given when he was offside.
Yeah I agree. My point was more about the implementation as a whole. For me, that should be onside. The way the rule has been interpreted in the last year, it's offside and I agree that another decision would be wrong. But the way they've been interpreting the rule in light of the purpose of offside is a nonsense

Soldato
Yeah I agree. My point was more about the implementation as a whole. For me, that should be onside. The way the rule has been interpreted in the last year, it's offside and I agree that another decision would be wrong. But the way they've been interpreting the rule in light of the purpose of offside is a nonsense

Yep, it should be changed slightly to give the advantage to the attacker, and we'll see more goals that way

Soldato
Well done Leicester, glad they won but unfortunately it's just another example of the flaws in the system regards VAR in my opinion!

As per every other razor-thin VAR decision given since it was brought in, I think you'd struggle to say it either a) gave Chelsea any advantage or b) was a "clear and obvious error" by the referee!

As a fan I think it's ruining the game and after this season it should be binned off!

Soldato
Well done Leicester, glad they won but unfortunately it's just another example of the flaws in the system regards VAR in my opinion!

As per every other razor-thin VAR decision given since it was brought in, I think you'd struggle to say it either a) gave Chelsea any advantage or b) was a "clear and obvious error" by the referee!

As a fan I think it's ruining the game and after this season it should be binned off!

It's the correct decision, I'm not sure what the issue is to be honest. At the end of the day it's there to correct errors...it corrected an error.

Back
Top Bottom