BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
I'm surprised people find the 2 Series GC that visually offensive - I can understand the Grand Tourer and Active Tourer getting abuse for their looks but I don't see the 2GC being all that bad.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Engine issues aside that looks about as nice a spec as you could ever want for that budget. Really lovely specification.
Really? All it’s got going for it is the HUD and Sports Auto. No comfort seats or even reversing camera (let alone side view/360 whatever was out at the time).

Man of Honour
Really? All it’s got going for it is the HUD and Sports Auto. No comfort seats or even reversing camera (let alone side view/360 whatever was out at the time).

Yea because the UK market for 9 grand 5 Series is full of cars with comfort seats :rolleyes:

It has visibility package with adaptive, head up display, black panel display, pro nav, sport auto, folding mirrors and a panoramic roof. It's a really nice spec car.

You can probably count the number of 4 cylinder F11 sold in this country with comfort seats and surround view on one hand.

Soldato
. If I'm looking to get a runaround 520d 2011-13, will I be able to use Spotify via Bluetooth and/or cable? I'm not fussed about Android Auto but as long as I can have my music.
this sounds like a nightmare. with spotify via android connecteddrive, via better quality cabled, no longer supported
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1746970
some people even buying old iphones too, to use (better quality) carplay for their personal music. -
what- all because bmw wants to monetize use of their inbuilt app using their data services ?
I'd be testing my phone on a test drive, since information on what works seems scant.

Soldato
It never was supported on the F10.

OK - but, don't you view it cynically ? .. I had read your earlier reply on compatability too
Ability to stream music in car, is my #1 infotainment need . 3d maps/head-up-display/big touch screen, are all secondary,
so bmw have prevented(gimped) people using their own streaming service data provision on their Android phone.

Google suggest mercedes have the same limitations though https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/music-streaming-spotify.20599/
carplay with cable, or pay for an MBUX data package utilising head-unit apps

Man of Honour
OK - but, don't you view it cynically ? .. I had read your earlier reply on compatability too
Ability to stream music in car, is my #1 infotainment need

Sure but the OP is asking about cars sold before anyone was bothering with music streaming. It's a legitimate frustration on a newer car but on an 8-10 year old car?

Soldato
is there anyone on here with a M235i Gran Coupe
I have one arriving the week after next. I had similar stick when I purchased a A3 saloon in 2013 in an Audi forum, it was being compared to a Triumph Toledo, now it is considered to be a good looker. Just need to let everyone get over the shock, and bring themselves into 2021, that the GC hasn't a longitudinal 6 cylinder engine and rear wheel drive.

Soldato
Ability to stream music in car, is my #1 infotainment need . 3d maps/head-up-display/big touch screen, are all secondary,
so bmw have prevented(gimped) people using their own streaming service data provision on their Android phone.

Google suggest mercedes have the same limitations though https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/music-streaming-spotify.20599/
carplay with cable, or pay for an MBUX data package utilising head-unit apps
I was intrigued by the gimping - it just says they charge you for the data, otherwise your on your own like every other android auto/car play implementation. Am I missing something? Or are people cross that data costs money?

Soldato
Yea because the UK market for 9 grand 5 Series is full of cars with comfort seats :rolleyes:

It has visibility package with adaptive, head up display, black panel display, pro nav, sport auto, folding mirrors and a panoramic roof. It's a really nice spec car.

You can probably count the number of 4 cylinder F11 sold in this country with comfort seats and surround view on one hand.

Well, just picked it up and driven home. Absolute dream! So comfortable, didn't think I'd like HUD so much. Full BMW service history, and plenty of power. Spotify worked fine through Bluetooth so pleased with that.

I forgot how easy iDrive was to use also.

Man of Honour
Well, just picked it up and driven home. Absolute dream! So comfortable, didn't think I'd like HUD so much. Full BMW service history, and plenty of power. Spotify worked fine through the Bluetooth so pleased with that.

Nice one. I thought Spotify/Bluetooth would be fine.

No matter how much you spend, you can't get much better than an F10/11.

Soldato
I've had my F11 535D for nearly a month now. Very happy with it.

Mine is a 2012 with Sport Auto, Visibility Pack, HUD, Pro Nav, Black panel, Reversing Camera.

I keep seeing people talking about coding their cars... what sort of things can you enable?

Back
Top Bottom