Quest 2 accessories - recommendations, reviews etc

Associate
I dont wear glasses but after trying this i think i might actually need them lmao :cry:

Double check you have the Quest sitting correctly up and down, left and right. A tiny bit out can make a huge difference. Moving it further away might just be helping there. Also double check your ipd - mine was smaller than I thought.

Soldato
Double check you have the Quest sitting correctly up and down, left and right. A tiny bit out can make a huge difference. Moving it further away might just be helping there. Also double check your ipd - mine was smaller than I thought.
Yeah double checked all those, especially the left right positions. Its completely blurry if i move it a tad too much. Have to make the elite strap super tight to hold it in place. Might change to a halo strap and see if its better as the constant pressure around my eyes can give me a headache.

Associate
Yeah double checked all those, especially the left right positions. Its completely blurry if i move it a tad too much. Have to make the elite strap super tight to hold it in place. Might change to a halo strap and see if its better as the constant pressure around my eyes can give me a headache.
It shouldn't need to be very tight. Make sure you use the top strap properly. All the weight should be taken by the velcro strap. Just use the clamp,tight enough to stop it slipping left or right. Try tilting the headset down slightly, it'll rest the bottom edge on your cheek bones.

Soldato
improved halo strap that kinda looks familiar, but with no cable ties.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...VVJH4&linkId=0cc3da5a30ebe57c1f019dc272cd851f

51127634173_3c584dcba4_b.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Im waiting for my quest 2 to be delivered, (upgrading from the DK2) pus I have ordered this strap and the 5meter usb cable from rain forest as I cant use all the wifi bandwith up..... Hopefully this strap will be as good as the proper one?

UhGHtmV.jpg

Soldato
I put this head strap on the quest2 last night,, and it seems quite strong and sturdy... I have noticed if you have the quest tight to your face, the image quality isnt as sharp and a bit blurry, or is that just me?
UhGHtmV.jpg

Soldato
I put this head strap on the quest2 last night,, and it seems quite strong and sturdy... I have noticed if you have the quest tight to your face, the image quality isnt as sharp and a bit blurry, or is that just me?

You may need to fine tune the IPD or the height of the headset when it's fitted. Should give you a slightly better FOV though.

Underboss
UhGHtmV.jpg

not just you

with my homemade strap it has a lot of pressure on my forehead and reading in VR becomes impossible unless i pull the headset away from my face a little
i do have eye sight like a brick though
##and i use the VR facial interface (thick one)

Associate
not just you

with my homemade strap it has a lot of pressure on my forehead and reading in VR becomes impossible unless i pull the headset away from my face a little
i do have eye sight like a brick though
##and i use the VR facial interface (thick one)
I have exactly the same issue. My CV1 is very clear but my Quest 2 with the halo strap seems blurry.
Nice to know it's not just me. Will have to do some more tweaking.

Back
Top Bottom