The anti Israel = anti semitism agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You seem to be coming at this from the angle that I think Hamas are good and Israel are bad.

That is not the case. Both Hamas and Israel have done terrible things.

But in this instance if we just take the civilian casualties that we 100% know are innocent:

Israel has had 10 civilians killed.
Palestine has had 50 children killed.

That's not proportional.

Wrong again and stop putting words in to my mouth for your own agenda,

You said "How is that Hamas fault? Were they using refugees as human shields?"

I just proved that they have in the past and nothing more.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Agreed, it’s not about proportionality. It’s about one being powerful and the other not, and one thriving and supported by the USA billions, the other have become stateless and slowly genocided.

Population of Palestine in 1967: 1.1m
Population of Palestine in 2020: 5.2m

A 372% increase in population.

It isn't genocide, slow or otherwise.

It shouldn't need to be said (but I will because if I don't someone will accuse me of being a Jew whilst unironically claiming they are not anti-Semitic), but I think that the government of Israel's actions are wrong, I think they have a moral obligation to reduce civilian casualties as much as possible and the issues of settlements is a very difficult one.

Caporegime
Article 2 of the Convention defines genocide as

... any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 2[5]
Article 3 defines the crimes that can be punished under the convention:

(a) Genocide;
(b) Conspiracy to commit genocide;
(c) Direct and public incitement to commit genocide;
(d) Attempt to commit genocide;
(e) Complicity in genocide.
— Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, Article 3

Folks can make their own minds up.

Soldato
Can't find the link now I'm on mobile but was a screenshot from reddit saying the video had been removed due to the audio being added in separately.

No idea if that's legit or what just what I saw.
They have already been arrested, so just have another lesson about not believing everything you read on the internet...

Soldato
Population of Palestine in 1967: 1.1m
Population of Palestine in 2020: 5.2m

A 372% increase in population.

It isn't genocide, slow or otherwise.

It shouldn't need to be said (but I will because if I don't someone will accuse me of being a Jew whilst unironically claiming they are not anti-Semitic), but I think that the government of Israel's actions are wrong, I think they have a moral obligation to reduce civilian casualties as much as possible and the issues of settlements is a very difficult one.

If it wasn't war it would be food and housing shortages eventually with that kind of population increase.

Hamas take potshots at Israel constantly, even in "peace" time they randomly fire off rockets. They keep provoking and this is the result of that. I think many countries would be less tolorant of it in their position. What would happen if Georgia kept firing crappy rockets at Russia? Or Mexico attacking the US...

Last edited:
Soldato
I notice you didn't cite the source for that highly partisan document.

There's plenty of critiques of the dishonesty employed in it, I've chosen a religiously neutral analysis from a third party.

https://www.pfmep.org/misleading-and-harmful/

I just googled historical maps of Israel and Palestine. It's very similar to many all over the place, in many reputable sources. You've posted some blog post to refute it. If you're able to evidence a more accurate series of maps, please post it...
Given that mandatory Palestine wasn't segregated along religious lines, it's kind of hard to.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Palestine
... Oh, here's a weak excuse for why you're not.

:rolleyes:

Associate
Not sure if anyone seen yet, but just been shown by my Mrs on Facebook. Someone in a school in Manchester I think it was got excluded from school cause he shouted "free Palestine". Apparently this was extremely racist??
I didn't believe it at first but there is a copy of the letter from the school, and it clearly says this. I was just gobsmacked.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Someone in a school in Manchester I think it was got excluded from school cause he shouted "free Palestine".
I don't know if that is true as it does sound quite far fetched and Facebook is full of fake attention seekers, however situations close to this occurring was my fear when I created this thread a couple years ago. The civilised worlds loss of critical thought to automated mindlessness.

The thread itself has become quite ironic considering the OP, it's quickly become full of cyclic, ignorant catchphrases.

"Oh but they shouldn't poke the bear" reh reh reh - understand the severity of the oppression and you'll understand the literal fight for survival.

Imagine your children not being allowed red or green crayons without fear of reprimand, imagine having to use watermelons to show your national pride as a flag will incur the rath of the oppressor.

Long Live Palestine.

Associate
Caporegime
Even then I find it weird that this is a excludable offense, the letter just says he said it once, but with no context.

I think that was the wrong sort of word to use tbh... I mean back when I was at school being excluded meant being kicked out of school and was a serious thing that you'd rarely see happen to anyone.

sounds like with this kid they just sent him home for the rest of the day - they've called it a "fixed term exclusion" but frankly, at half a day it is barely what used to be called a "suspension"

needs context, if he's shouted it at a kid because that kid is Jewish then fair enough, it's like taunting some Pakistani/Muslim kid with stuff about Bin Laden or 9/11 etc..

Man of Honour
I think that was the wrong sort of word to use tbh... I mean back when I was at school being excluded meant being kicked out of school and was a serious thing that you'd rarely see happen to anyone.

sounds like with this kid they just sent him home for the rest of the day - they've called it a "fixed term exclusion" but frankly, at half a day it is barely what used to be called a "suspension"

needs context, if he's shouted it at a kid because that kid is Jewish then fair enough, it's like taunting some Pakistani/Muslim kid with stuff about Bin Laden or 9/11 etc..

When I was at school expelled was being permanently excluded, excluded was longer term a week or more for serious offences and anything else being suspended.

Soldato
Just checked,https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-issues-clarification-over-incident-20608654
It did happen, but the school later clarified after the social media backlash that the boy in question said this to another boy (I am assuming he must have been Jewish, any other ethnicity would not make sense).
Even then I find it weird that this is a excludable offense, the letter just says he said it once, but with no context.

if he’s randomly bullying some Jewish kid with “Free Palestine” then the suspension seems fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom