• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia: We heard you wanted Marbles at Night

Caporegime
Just buy a laptop or pre built system.

Plenty available for reasonable prices.
I only need a GPU tho. I'm sure may are in the same boat.

Why would I buy a pre-built when I only need a GPU...

Get a laptop? Lol. Thanks, but I'd rather not have everything thermally throttled to all hell, in a system with a tiny 40 mm Delta fan going at 50k RPM failing to keep the thermals under control and sounding like a jet engine..

Caporegime
I only need a GPU tho. I'm sure may are in the same boat.

Why would I buy a pre-built when I only need a GPU...

Get a laptop? Lol. Thanks, but I'd rather not have everything thermally throttled to all hell, in a system with a tiny 40 mm Delta fan going at 50k RPM failing to keep the thermals under control and sounding like a jet engine..

Sell the system on with your old GPU in it

Soldato
I'll just go out and buy a GPU with RT on i- oh, wait, there aren't any :p

If you don't have an RT GPU you can't have one until, what, 2023 now? Unless you literally re-mortgage your house and sell your firstborn, your wife's kidneys, and your soul.

Or use discord and get one at rrp

Caporegime
Or use discord and get one at rrp
Something 0.0000000001% of people have managed.

You know as we all do that CEX is buying these things for over 2x RRP, so everyone is trying to buy even if they have no interest in the card except to flip it instantly for a decent chunk of profit.

Why make it sound easy/obvious when everybody in the room knows it isn't.

Caporegime

You know as we all do that CEX is buying these things for over 2x RRP, so everyone is trying to buy even if they have no interest in the card except to flip it instantly for a decent chunk of profit.

Its definitely more difficult than normal but as being somebody who managed to purchase 5 3090s at none inflated prices, its not impossible.

Soldato
Its definitely more difficult than normal but as being somebody who managed to purchase 5 3090s at none inflated prices, its not impossible.
Thats because the 3090 is already at an inflated price:p

On a more serious note it is probably around longer than other cards because of its price.

Soldato

From when I decided I wanted one, to actually grabbing a card, took me about 1 month... I missed out on probably a dozen drops at prices I would have paid because I was carrying on with my life and didn't get in in time, but I just happened to be looking at my phone when a drop came in for the FE and despite it taking me about 15 minutes of the website faffing me about with each page taking ages to load, I did actually get one.

So, I can't speak for anyone else, and I wouldn't say it was "easy", but it is doable.

Caporegime
Thats because the 3090 is already at an inflated price:p

On a more serious note it is probably around longer than other cards because of its price.

Granted and why i was so undecided for ages but since i got a strix 2090 oc for £1575 and they are now £2400 I dont feel so bad :)

Caporegime
From when I decided I wanted one, to actually grabbing a card, took me about 1 month... I missed out on probably a dozen drops at prices I would have paid because I was carrying on with my life and didn't get in in time, but I just happened to be looking at my phone when a drop came in for the FE and despite it taking me about 15 minutes of the website faffing me about with each page taking ages to load, I did actually get one.

So, I can't speak for anyone else, and I wouldn't say it was "easy", but it is doable.
Ask a lottery winner if it's possible to win the lottery, and they'll say, "Sure it is! I did it!"

I'm just saying, there's tons here on this forum who have been trying for many months and not been able to get a drop (FE/at RRP).

I imagine the majority who have cards bought them at inflated prices, because those are the cards that have been somewhat readily available.

e: PS the 3090 is the only card that's stuck around for 15+ minutes after drop.

The 3080/3070 and 3060 models are gone in under 5 mins, tops.

Soldato
Ask a lottery winner if it's possible to win the lottery, and they'll say, "Sure it is! I did it!"

I'm just saying, there's tons here on this forum who have been trying for many months and not been able to get a drop (FE/at RRP).

I imagine the majority who have cards bought them at inflated prices, because those are the cards that have been somewhat readily available.

I didn't say I clicked the link after 15 minutes, I clicked it the second it came up as I had my phone in my hand looking at my emails at the time (something I do about a dozen times a day anyway), but the website was mega slow and the actual checkout process took me 15 minutes, I can understand why some people give up assuming they won't get one, but getting it in your basket seems to be 90% of the battle and it does "hold" it for you to a certain extent.

I can't explain why so many don't seem to be able to manage it, but no its not anywhere close to the hyperbole of being a lottery winner, unless you mean winning literally anything on the lottery, in which case yeah, I've one £10 a few times and a few lucky dips, I'd imagine anyone who plays regularly has won at least SOMETHING on the lottery.

Even if you have a job that means you can't use a phone literally all day every day, you must know someone who can check their phone during the day and give them the money if they get one for you.

Caporegime

If you mean FE drops, I have seen the 3080 and 3070 been available for up to an hour. The 3090 for up to a day.

Caporegime
If you mean FE drops, I have seen the 3080 and 3070 been available for up to an hour. The 3090 for up to a day.
That is very, very different from the drops I've witnessed. I've never seen them in stock that long. Ever. Not once, since the start of all this.

e: FE drops that is.

Associate
If you are talking about Nvidia website as opposed to the actual store where you buy them then that’s possible as Nvidia website isn’t updating very fast.
The place where you actually buy them shows 3080 out of stock in less than 2 minutes at times.

Caporegime
If you are talking about Nvidia website as opposed to the actual store where you buy them then that’s possible as Nvidia website isn’t updating very fast.
The place where you actually buy them shows 3080 out of stock in less than 2 minutes at times.

maybe now it does, its been a long time since i watched any drops. Months ago they were available for long enough. I could have bought enough for every forum member on here by now.

Back
Top Bottom