Cinema

Soldato
Anyone returning to the cinema this week? I am going to see Spiral on Friday but i am tempted to see the Unholy but its got terrible reviews so may give that a miss.

Nomadland looks good but doesn't seem to be showing where i live which is a shame.

Really curious to see what demand will be like, I hope it will be busy for cinemas sake but who knows with all the new films you can stream nowadays.

Caporegime
Not until i had my 2nd Jab and honestly, even that i don't think i will for a while. This is from someone who had Limitless and was going to see everything and anything, as often as 5 days a week. There simply isn't the number of releases out currently to justify subscribing to that again and i am not paying £13 a ticket when the limitless is £18 a month.

Soldato
I think the wife and I will be heading to Cruella sometime next week, she quite fancies it and I'll watch anything with Emma Stone in it. Quite excited, back in the day I used to have an unlimited card and watched pretty much everything that came out, I've missed it.

Man of Honour
There's nothing showing that interests me. So no.

But a drive-in cinema has recently started near me and that is showing older films. I might pop along to that at some point.

Soldato
Nope. I have unlimited membership and limitless, used to go 3 or 4 times a week and work in the film industry so it's in my interest for it to succeed and I still don't feel the need to go.

Sadly I just don't trust other people to not a) get way too close, not have masks, and salivate over everything they touch and then b) not turn into violent psychopaths when addressed.

Soldato
i used to enjoy the cinmea, one of my favourite parts of the films was being engrossed in the action/darama etc. So i used to pick the quietest time of the day. or even book a day off to relax and make a day of it.

Example:
i watched Harry Potter & the deadly hollows Part 1 & 2 /Hobbit(s) at 9:00am on a Wednesday morning.
THen after This was finished around 11:30 i used wonder to the arcade & then head to a nice resturant like (TGI fridays - when it used to be decent) or some nice Grill house, Eat lunch, chill out then head off home.

remember watching 3 of those films tottally alone, was the best awesome i could shout out & make noise shout at the screen if i wanted to.

It was Fantastic, Relaxing day were you just do NOTHING. it was heaven.

Nowdays i dont like the cinmea, Friends always want to go after work or at prime time. then resturants are busy too.
I like to be in & out everyone else wants to drink & chat for hours...

Adding to this nothing good out, im interested in 'fall guy'?
but id rather pay a year pass to watch Cinmea films at home.. Like Disney Premnium plus but for all releases.

Associate
I don't find cinemas as much a pull as they once were since getting our 65“ TV and upgrading our 5.1 audio.
Of course there are much bigger and better setups than I have but for me, the experience at home is enjoyable enough to warrant not going out to the cinema.

Soldato
I will head back when i don't have to wear a mask. That's the bit that kills it for me. Not sure how much they'll enforce it though. It'll probably end up like planes were when everyone just stuffed their faces all through the flight to get around the rules.

Man of Honour
Not a chance until I have had my second jab and probably not even then. I haven't missed it at all. Our local cinema is a indy who doesn't deserve anyones support as they have been milking us for years. They charge £9.50 per adult for admission as well as overpriced snacks but they know that we have no other option unless we want to do a 120 mile round trip to the next nearest cinema. So we buy our over priced admission only to have the film ruined by idiots on phones, people talking and peoples heads in the way. No thank you, I can quite happily do without that and have a far more enjoyable experience watching the film when it comes out on Blu-ray and being able to watch it whenever I like. Incidently, the owner also has the only nightclub in town and stifles any competition that has the nerve to set up in town.

Caporegime
£9.50 is cheap these days for the cinema, snacks are the same everywhere. Hence I never buy it. They make most of their money from the snacks so can't really blame them for having that. They can't survive purely on ticket sales.

If i don't visit my local one then the nearest is 60 miles roudn trip to Worester or 120miles round trip to cardiff, and the prices are the same as those.

Soldato
I used to hate it when you were stuck in a cinema when someone was coughing away pre-covid so no I'm not in a rush to go back :p It was only the big imax releases that got me in anyway, most films I'd rather watch at home.

I haven't really looked at film releases this year. I guess the new bond film will finally be released soon so that might tempt people in but I won't be going back until fully vaccinated and that will be a while as haven't been invited for my first jab yet.

Soldato
No, I'm done with the cinema now. It's not so much the cost (although it is very expensive these days), but I don't actually enjoy the experience. I nearly always end up sitting near someone who speaks throughout the entire film, or sits munching popcorn.

I know it's all part of the experience, but it's not for me.

In fact thinking back, I think the last time might have been to see Endgame. Three lads I was sitting next to spent the 2+ hours texting on their phones lol

Caporegime
Cinemas are only as good as the films that Hollywood are releasing and in recent years it's nothing but dumbed down remakes, woke infested nonsense and comic book heroes.

Soldato
Very keen to head back to the Electric Cinema in Birmingham as soon as something decent is on. They have beer and a crowd who actually want to watch the film. Atmosphere at the cinema can be a good thing with a big release.

Back
Top Bottom