Subnautica Below Zero (basically Subnautica 2)

Soldato
I'm almost at the end of my Subnautica 30 hour playthrough currently on Twitch and have loved it so much. But for some reason I'm not interested in Below Zero. Given how amazing Subnautica is proving to be, I find that quite strange.

I'm almost at the end of my Subnautica 30 hour playthrough currently on Twitch and have loved it so much. But for some reason I'm not interested in Below Zero. Given how amazing Subnautica is proving to be, I find that quite strange.
Indeed. Strange I'm looking forward to streaming below zero, but then I first played subnautica 1.5 years ago. Maybe it's too soon for you

Soldato

same, although i think it's because last time i played subnautica i got very near the end before my prawn suit decided to soft-lock the game for me.

Soldato
So after 5hrs spent over 3 gaming sessions, I finally managed to find the key item in the ‘basin’. Well I hope it’s the key part because I’m sure as hell not returning there. What a pos frustrating part of the game that is.

It’s out tomorrow folks! :o

Associate
I keep telling myself to not try and compare, and just play it as a new adventure, but part of me knows I will never have the same feeling I got in the 1st game.
Bought 2nd game as soon as possible, but have not played a minute as did not want to be drip fed the story.

Associate
I keep telling myself to not try and compare, and just play it as a new adventure, but part of me knows I will never have the same feeling I got in the 1st game.
Bought 2nd game as soon as possible, but have not played a minute as did not want to be drip fed the story.

I replayed the first one recently again as was hoping to start the second one soon and wanted to refamiliarise myself with controls etc. But guess that might be a mistake :D.

Soldato
No VR, no money from me (I don't count a currently dodgy, if well meaning VR mod as valid)

Subnautica in VR was one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had fullstop! (It was also great VR legs training if you are one of those that gets a tad queasy)

Associate
Played about 4 hours and mostly enjoying it. You get so many plans so quickly that the sense of adventure is just not there for me so far, even the story seems to come thick and fast.

Oh and had the usual idiot feeling of making 2nd air tank and forgetting to fill it before diving. Love swapping dead tank for dead tank.

Soldato
This game in vr would be immense. I think I'd have nightmares

It did me in totally, it's the only game in VR that freaked me out to the point i can't play it. The shallows were ok, as soon as it's time to go deep and get surrounded in the dark by bonesharks and worse, i honestly couldn't handle it.

Id probably buy below zero still, if it had VR support.

Played about 4 hours and mostly enjoying it. You get so many plans so quickly that the sense of adventure is just not there for me so far, even the story seems to come thick and fast
Totally agreed. I'm further than you in time (though you could be progressing faster than me) but the plans at least at first came way too quickly.

I get that perhaps they didn't want to have a carbon copy of how you built your base in the first one, so have almost got all the hard to get things from the previous one out the way now. Even diamond, uranium etc has come super easily before I know what to do with it.

I'm hoping that it then gets to a point where almost everything is new.

Soldato
Agree with the above^.

As stated earlier in the thread, I had the seatruck and a few modules up and running inside an hour. The only thing that restricted progress for me was Nickel, which I have only just found and that is needed for Mrk3 depth modules. It's just too simplistic and if it wasn't for overly large, confusing spaces like the Glacial Basin I would have finished this game ages ago. I just can't be bothered now despite needing one more body part.

Soldato
Im not really enjoying this as much as the first one.
The story is a bet 'meh' so far and honestly I preferred the original story before this re-write.

Back
Top Bottom