Microsoft Outlook Mac

Permabanned
Has anybody notice on the Mac version of Outlook you have missing features which Windows has

Cannot use the read or delivery features when sending email , also you cannot insert date or time to any email , has anybody else notice this ?

Soldato
Yeah, it's frustrating isn't it. It's about 90% there, but some of the bits missing are really irritating. My main everyday machine has a copy of Win10 in Parallels at boot up simply so I can access Office in Windows.

It's been like that for as long as I can remember. Used to be worse with earlier versions of Office - like Entourage instead of Outlook for example.

Soldato
Parity is certainly a lot, lot better than yesteryear now that they switched to a shared codebase but there was talk that there were technical hurdles with OSX/MacOS that made some features difficult/impossible to bring/port across - no idea if that's still the case but it was floating around the Macadmin's Slack (various MS Office Mac team dev's and heads float around there) a handful of years back.

Although it's understandable that they want to focus on a platform they own rather than a third-parties.

Hope mac users get these in updates soon.

Project Monarch/One Outlook, a universal Outlook web-app with "wrapper" apps for each platform, will be released in a year or two which will hopefully solve a lot of the parity issues between OS's.

Back
Top Bottom