Kodi 19

Soldato
I'm currently on Kodi 18.9 and wondering if it's ok to update to 19. I know there were lots of problems with addons not working in the latest release but I don't really bother with addons at all. I just use it to watch the movies on my NAS.

I also always seem to be running out of space on my firetv 4k stick. Previously I've deleted the thumbs folder and the textures file but that screws up my layout and I have to start again. Is there an easier way of clearing this or do I just stick a usb drive externally to handle the data?

Soldato
I just point kodi to a specific folder on the server to store the images. seems to work fine, no slow down issues at all.

also as an alternative, ever think of switching to plex instead?

Soldato
OP
I just point kodi to a specific folder on the server to store the images. seems to work fine, no slow down issues at all.

also as an alternative, ever think of switching to plex instead?
Didn't even know you could use another folder!

I've been using both Plex and Emby for several months now but always go back to Kodi as it just plays everything without any problems. I prefer Emby over Plex though so at the moment I'm using that. The biggest problem I have is with my other half, she is a bit of a luddite and hates change. It's taken me years to get her to use Kodi and exit it properly but she always manages to mess it up. I'm hoping she'll take to Emby a bit easier :)

Back
Top Bottom