• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Associate
Dont know then, I will check with my friend again who works in a warehouse for one of the pc retailers, he been telling me stories that match up with OCUK and HUB about the AIB pricing levels.

prices have gone up, but not to 1200 for a 3070. if other retailers can sell 3070s for 600-800 then so can ocuk.

Caporegime
eth is the main earner, no eth and gpu supply increases massively.
Absolutely no evidence that some other POW coin won't replace ETH when it goes (fully) POS.

ETH is one of the main earners now, but we know how volatile the crypto space is. Nothing is set in stone.

People will switch to whatever coin allows them to keep mining.

It doesn't have to be as profitable as ETH to start with, it just has to be profitable.

Nobody really knows what will happen when ETH goes POS.

Associate
Its 72 pages - no. But yes I get the gist - chips are in short supply and suppliers have upped the prices beyond msrp. Still seems nuts that something with a msrp of about 500 is now selling for 1200. Judging by stock still showing available I would say there is a limit on how much people will pay.

Man of Honour
I bought an Xbox Series X on impulse this morning, given what's going on the with graphics cards.

Nearly every time I've bought a console I've ended up feeling it was a waste of money soon after, I bought a PS4 6 years ago together with some games and I think the only thing I've used it for is for playing media heh.

It seems good value though considering the strength of the components, and the fact I already subscribe to Game Pass.

Soldato
I bought an Xbox Series X on impulse this morning, given what's going on the with graphics cards.

Nearly every time I've bought a console I've ended up feeling it was a waste of money soon after, I bought a PS4 6 years ago together with some games and I think the only thing I've used it for is for playing media heh.

It seems good value though considering the strength of the components, and the fact I already subscribe to Game Pass.
Did the same and not looked back, 4k gaming on it is great, got a Xim Apex and don't have to sacrifice using a controller either :) Some games are fine though, enjoying Outriders, but coming from pc and then trying to play DOOM Eternal with a controller was a massive no!

It's also literally silent, very impressed by it.

Associate

Friend of mine just managed to get a PS5 with extra controller + demon souls for 550. Its a no brainer at the minute with prices as they are

V F

V F

Soldato
Did the same and not looked back, 4k gaming on it is great, got a Xim Apex and don't have to sacrifice using a controller either :) Some games are fine though, enjoying Outriders, but coming from pc and then trying to play DOOM Eternal with a controller was a massive no!

It's also literally silent, very impressed by it.

When I tried Doom 2016 with the controller, it was good up until the summoner areas where it requires lots of mouse flicks. Too much fast movement with all the hordes. Let alone what it must be like with the boss that smashes the floor and spins with fire.

Associate
What was your mark up at launch when it was the normal retail price, what is your mark up now at £1200? I imagine you are making significantly more now. It's disgusting, and personally, unless there is some explanation I will never be purchasing from OC again. It's a short term milking of their consumers for what I hope is a long term loss in people refusing to purchase from them.
There is loads of chat on this in the various threads - price raising is going on throughout the supply chain, from source to end user. Its not just the front end shops who are raising the prices. They obviously are public facing and so take all the flack.

Back
Top Bottom