• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700xt in stock at ocuk

Soldato
I would be a perfect target for an upgrade, as I am still running an RX480. However, I am not paying these prices and will not be upgrading until I feel I can get value for money.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Pretty sure you've been holding onto GPU's and not selling them separately, or are you saying all this current listed stock has appeared just now?
Gibbo has held some older deliveries, he's been REALLY open about that on this forum. He does it because we generally get deliveries in quantities less than 10 at a time and if we were to list them online immediately the bots kick in faster than our website can react and we end up with hundreds of back orders. We've both explained this in detail many times on this forum.

When he put the 3070 Halo online yesterday he sold over 200 units in less than ten minutes, most of them in the first five minutes...that's not all end users I'm sure.

As for system stock, yes, I do the same, I build up a stockpile of a specific model and then launch a system which uses it. As new stock comes in the average stock price slowly climbs and I slowly increase the system price. There will be system integrators who still have stock from the start of the year who can now sell even cheaper than we can.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

This is all none LHR stock, some of it we have paid through the nose for and some of it is all old stock.
However were not doing forum deals, simply because the last ones we did got scalped and did get used for mining which was not ideal as the voucher codes take a lot of work to set up and implement this side.

As such what we have is listed at high pricing to put of scalpers, who then buy and then scalp and mainly sell to miners and we get scalped ourselves when buying from certain suppliers etc. But having stock is better than not having stock.

So of course the miners, the scalpers all want this stock, it's full fat as to speak. The gaming cards (LHR) are a matter of weeks away and we hope the demand and scalpability/mining demand for those will be lower and we hope with voucher codes we can truly get them into gamer's hands and not end up getting scalped.

Our plan is once LHR models come through they will also be priced high on the website and lines with a good volume of stock will have voucher codes which will bring that stock down to around 5-10% margin to ourselves, however the cost on LHR product is still way beyond MSRP even from direct board partners so expecting a 3070 to appear at £500 all of a sudden won't happen, but we do hope as in theory demand will be less and with use of voucher codes we will be able to get the LHR models into the hands of gamers as they are intended.

LHR stock should be arriving with ourselves around mid to end of June so it is then we hope to get some 3060, 3070 and other models ar fairer pricing, but of course, we still need to make 5-10% and based on our costings means no NVIDIA AIB GPU will be getting close to MSRP, at least not for a long time as AIB's are charging much more, as to why that is well there is plenty of reasons/excuses circulating.

As to voucher codes on AMD products, well we did a few, it took a lot of effort and the guy who was setting up the codes for me has now left OcUK, so that hole needs filling as to speak which will hopefully be sorted soon and then we can re-visit AMD, but saying that some of the 6700 XT and 6900 XT we have in stock and online for sale we are making 15% on them, because AIB's have massively ramped up cost.

Last edited:
Soldato
Still in stock I see.

Honestly thought they would have all sold, maybe it's a sign things are starting to change my have heard mumbles around bit coin dropping, although I must admit I really do not know much about it.

Associate
If the silicon itself is the bottleneck across industries competing for it then why would a board manufacturer choose to manufacture a model which produces less profit along the chain unless and until the need arises for long term. Smoke and mirrors everywhere until the gravy train runs out of coal.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Now I am confident there won't be a mad rush on the 6700 XT I have revised all the prices down online, some are making less than 10% profit, which should give you a good idea just how much we are been charged on some cards from some AIB's and distributors.

Back
Top Bottom