Asus ROG Crosshair V111 Dark Hero

Associate
PLease can someone help, i am thinking of doing a new AMD build. First in 10 years. The board I want is the above with a 5900X cpu. First question,will said above run the cpu out of the box? and the other does the board come with the BIOS version on it? If not what is the newest BIOS please. Thanking you iin advance

Associate
Yes, will take a 5000 CPU out of the box, from memory the board will have a sticker on it showing the BIOS loaded. You can always load the latest from the Asus website using USB flashback, current official is 3401.

Associate
Whether it has the latest bios is down to how long it's been with the supplier, the drak hero bioses have been coming out about once a month. There's a beta available at present that I haven't loaded onto mine.

The board will be 5xxx compatible straight away, though I did a Bios update without the cpu in place before my full build. This can be done by putting a USB with the BIOS on into a specific USB port on the back of the motherboard and pressing the BIOS update button.

Back
Top Bottom