Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
OP
Hahahaha how do they do it! Would love to find some white roads that are as rideable as that stuff down this way. My 38s are barely surviving the rocks and ruts currently
:(

Soldato
OP
Watching Nibali descend today :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool: 2 weeks ago his arm was in a cast!

PS anyone bought any cremations or dinner services yet? Or just me being sucked into the adverts on Eurosport :p

Soldato
OP
I think because I'm viewing it on a 4k panel via the website it's not the best, casts fine to my main TV downstairs when I'm sat further back.

Soldato
I think because I'm viewing it on a 4k panel via the website it's not the best, casts fine to my main TV downstairs when I'm sat further back.

Same, on 4K panel via Chrome. It's pretty bad quality but it's typically on a 1/4 of my screen as I work or in background for audio so doesn't bother me too much. If I was sitting just watching exclusively I couldn't put up with it.

Soldato
Same, on 4K panel via Chrome. It's pretty bad quality but it's typically on a 1/4 of my screen as I work or in background for audio so doesn't bother me too much. If I was sitting just watching exclusively I couldn't put up with it.
Yeah same as this.

I find the chromecast cuts out frequently and I have to restart the stream. Had numerous support tickets with them but no resolution. They aren't too good at responding there. I suspect some sort of buffering issue in their app. Maybe slight glitch in Internet connection causes it to drop the stream. No other apps have the issue. Kinda want to try with Ethernet but £20 for an Ethernet adapter feels a bit extortionate considering the Chromecast was already £80!

Soldato
Yeah same as this.

I find the chromecast cuts out frequently and I have to restart the stream. Had numerous support tickets with them but no resolution. They aren't too good at responding there. I suspect some sort of buffering issue in their app. Maybe slight glitch in Internet connection causes it to drop the stream. No other apps have the issue. Kinda want to try with Ethernet but £20 for an Ethernet adapter feels a bit extortionate considering the Chromecast was already £80!

We are going for a day of ditto's around here!
I have Chromecast Ultra. Even bloomin Stadia works fine on it.... casting youtube or other apps I have never had an issue. But when I cast GCN to it, constantly stops, jutters and buffers all the damn time and it is infuriating.

My go-to is to blame my poor internet connection for everything but it really is not the connection to the web here that's the issue because casting other apps/content is OK and GCN is totally fine on the app on the phone.... it's just as soon as it's being cast internally over my home network.

I can stream 4K content over wifi from my TV to my NAS running Plex FFS. So silly little GCN app running a 1080p stream should work totally fine.

Soldato
I think it is some sort of web connection issue though. I use the GCN app on Google TV itself. The chromecast connects directly to the stream. The same happens when you use the app on phone to cast though, it tells the Chromecast which URL to stream.

I don't know much at all about how Chromecast streams work but I'd imagine it's something stream side that prevents the Chromecast from buffering sufficiently so it ducks out at the slightest blip. I can't say I have many buffering issues during the stream itself just it will cut out completely.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Live is patchy at times but I think it's the broadcast tbh.

As for GCN+ Adam Blyth & Dan Lloyd crack me up, great pairing.

Soldato
OP
Anyone getting awful sound clipping today? Tried 2 windows devices and same issue.

Chrome cast hopeless for it again today. Just so frustrating how it can be so bad compared to so many other services you can cast.

Soldato
OP
War of attrition as usual, amazing ride from fortunato, went at the right time and just paced it perfect, some big losers and good to see Yates moving up! Tomorrow after that will always be a bit of a unknown! Could see big reversals yet!

Soldato
Monday & Tuesday very hard stages in their own right. Difficult to control and lots of top ten contenders still.

Bernal looks to have it sewn up, his team won’t let anyone close up on him now but the rest can shuffle around a lot still. Podium still to play for.

Soldato
Bernal actually having a cadence about him on these steep parts was impressive compared to the other guy who was actually zig zagging up the hill.

Just watched the last 1km on youtube and compared to commentary on Eurosport we have on at work it's night and day.

Sean Kelly just does my head in, sounds like he has a peg on his nose or a bad cold. I could listen to Matt Stephens, Dan Lloyd and Adam Blythe all day long for instance.

Soldato
Funny seeing all these guys running 34x32 when the internet would have you believe choppers like us will be fine with a 28 in the mountains. What a ride from Fortunato, and Yates looks to be coming good. Bernal may have a bad day in him, so I still think there is plenty to play for.

Weird tactics from Astana today. Drilling it all day but still not enough to catch the break, and leaving Vlasov isolated on the climb from the start.

Soldato
OP
Haha funny you say that, we mocked a mate of ours for running a 36- 32 a few years back and kept telling him to go compact. Although the zoncalan finale is a rare exception. Those slopes are brutal!

Yeah astana was a weird one, but got to admire them trying, they never know how they're going to ride those extreme climbs until theyre on them and up in the final few hundred metres. Or they knew vlasov didn't feel great so wanted to try to break ineos and others before it came in together.

As you say oms, I think everyone of the top riders is going to ship some time somewhere, reckon bernal will be a bit cagier now and thus be at greater risk to drop on one of the days. Monday looks brutal from the off!

Soldato
OP
Looks like today's stage has been changed to remove a couple of the climbs due to the weather forecast!

Yesterdays stage start was awful! Sensible to neutralise so quickly! Glad campaenarts got a win, he's usually so active but always seems to miss out at the end!

Back
Top Bottom