• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Soldato
FFS,instead of all these new higher end releases,what about making GPUs like the RTX3060,RTX3060TI,etc actually available?? Heck,even the GTX1660 series you can't get and that is not even 7NM/8NM. The lack of available GPUs under £500 is going to have longer term ramifications for PC gaming IMHO.
Yep, I have the 3060Ti and it really is fast enough for the vast majority of gaming needs. Be better IMO if more effort was made making that tier card more easily available than padding out the high end.

Permabanned
I really do think this is ridiculous. NVIDIA being utterly stupid. Why on earth are they releasing another GPU that no one can get hold of? Don't they think it might actually be rubbing salt in the wounds?

Soldato
I really do think this is ridiculous. NVIDIA being utterly stupid. Why on earth are they releasing another GPU that no one can get hold of? Don't they think it might actually be rubbing salt in the wounds?

I'm sure people are going to express their outrage at this 'rubbing salt in the wounds' by not buying them....

You would expect an enough of a build up of stock levels for a product launch to last at least hour or two of constant sales based on a one card limit per customer/delivery address in place.

If not the launch should be delayed...
As you clearly have not got enough stock with suppliers.

And this is squarely on NVIDIA, as they decide when to launch.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'm sure people are going to express their outrage at this 'rubbing salt in the wounds' by not buying them....

Well, it's true, NVIDIA seem to be able to get away with anything. I mean people are hysterical about buying a new graphics card and would buy it irrespective of cost and how bad NVIDIA PR is..

Soldato
Well, it's true, NVIDIA seem to be able to get away with anything. I mean people are hysterical about buying a new graphics card and would buy it irrespective of cost and how bad NVIDIA PR is..

Most people don't care about 'feelings' when it comes to buying consumer goods. GPUs aren't any different, despite how emotional people get about it on nerd forums.

Associate
I've never attempted to pick up a card at launch before. Will they just be available from the Nvidia site or will OC and the like have a stock for launch day?

Associate
I've never attempted to pick up a card at launch before. Will they just be available from the Nvidia site or will OC and the like have a stock for launch day?
If you are looking for a founders edition, they pop up on another website. They aren't listed until the link goes live, and when it does, you have around 15 seconds to get your order in.
I'd recommend joining an alerts channel, and have your other account already logged in, ready for the race when you are alerted to the drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
If you are looking for a founders edition, they pop up on the competitor website. They aren't listed until the link goes live, and when it does, you have around 15 seconds to get your order in.
I'd recommend joining an alerts channel, and have your competitor account already logged in, ready for the race when you are alerted to the drop.

Might want to edit your post there...

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
If VRM chips are going for that much then why haven't motherboards gone up?.
$70 is a outlaying example, not representative but I'm sure that many components have at least doubled..

Motherboards HAVE been affected, but this is hidden slightly by the chipset launches. To clarify, Intel sell the Z590 chipset for about $10-15 more than the Z490 but the boards all launched at least $50 more. Since it was a new chipset launch this wasn't really questioned..

There's also more margin in motherboards so the manufacturer can swallow some of the increases, especially on the higher end boards. I've seen entry level boards go up in price quite a bit, or a potentially "cost down" V2 launch at the same price.

Associate
Agree, but at least it is stopping some, after last drop CEX was full of FE cards from that drop too, they are either ending up on ebay or CEX at the moment and people buying them to sell at a profit now. The whole system is just annoying and the only ones losing are the people really wanting to use the cards.
Yep I genuinely want a 2nd card for my sons PC, but because I already have an FE I won't be able to get another. Peeved off at scalpers!

Associate
If you are looking for a founders edition, they pop up on another website. They aren't listed until the link goes live, and when it does, you have around 15 seconds to get your order in.
I'd recommend joining an alerts channel, and have your other account already logged in, ready for the race when you are alerted to the drop.

Great. :)

Soldato
I think a lot of lucky 3080 owners might go for the Ti as its a win win. More performance for no cash when old card is moved on. Rumour is the Ti will be £1300 MSRP, double low end 3080 at launch!

Link to your rumour of £1300? Videocardsz and others still reporting the usual $999.

Back
Top Bottom