As the name suggests, I want 3 bold predications from posters:

1) Drivers World Champion
2) Rising star/most improved
3) The career ending drive

From me:

1) Verstappen
2) Norris
3) Alonso

This is primarily a drivers thread for 2021, please don't include teams or non-driver staff in your answers or years beyond the current. Test drivers and potential drivers that have a realistic shot of seeing action in 2021 are allowed.

Soldato
Bottas (mainly because Max and Lewis take each other out too many times)
Mazepin (improves by not spinning every race)
Ricci Lake (fails to get to grips with the McLaren)

Next week I shall provide winning lottery numbers.;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Vettel to retire after this year? :p
Still trust the old dog. I'm actually a Vettel fan believe it or not, he's the same sort of weird but honest kind of guy as I am.

I think he'll be alright, but it's hard to say after what happened to Perez.

Lewis
Norris
Ocon

Probably the most grounded/realistic opinion, am curious why you think Ocon is going wrong though. He seemed decent last year.

Last edited:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Alonso is making Ocon look better than he is, but Alonso needs to hang it up and leave space for some fresh talent.

I'm hoping for:

1) Verstappen
2) Russell/Norris (Russell has fallen in favor after the last race but he's sticking that Williams where it doesn't belong and knocking on the door of getting Williams some much needed points, very impressive. Just needs to wind his neck in and play the long game.. Norris is superb too, a little too self critical and emotional bur he's a great personality and I hope he can keep up the results)
3) Alonso/Vettel (Alonso first pick)

Associate
1) Lewis Hamilton. He and Mercedes are still the benchmark over a full season.
2) Lando Norris. Consistently quick. Could be the 'best of the rest' after Mercedes/Red Bull if reliability holds up.
3) Sebastian Vettel. I don't think he'll massively outperform Stroll, not enough to justify cost/reputation anyway. Under pressure, his errors will resurface again.

Soldato
1) Hamilton - Once Merc start bringing more updates he’s just too consistent, VER will bin it at least once leaving HAM to mop up points and take the win.
2) Norris - Promising start so far, he had a great season last year but I can’t think of anyone coming from the rest of the midfield/back who will impress more, unless RUS gets more than 5 points.
3) Alonso - Hasn’t been great so far, unless Alpine do something special with their car it’ll be just like when he was in McLaren.

Associate
1) Drivers World Champion: Verstappen for a bold prediction, its only going to be 1 of 2.
2) Rising star/most improved: Sorry for the bandwagon, but Norris who seems to be consolidating his place in the team and grid - getting the better of DR pretty convincingly. 2nd choice would be Yuki Tsunoda who isn't a great distance behind PG already.
3) The career ending drive: Mazepin (PLEASE BE THE CASE!)

Soldato
Bottas (mainly because Max and Lewis take each other out too many times)
Mazepin (improves by not spinning every race)
Ricci Lake (fails to get to grips with the McLaren)

Next week I shall provide winning lottery numbers.;)

That’s not the craziest thing I’ve seen posted today... Bottas could “do a Rosberg” and win a WDC because all his rivals keep DNFing.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Probably the most grounded/realistic opinion, am curious why you think Ocon is going wrong though. He seemed decent last year.
I think Ocon won't do enough to keep his spot and we'll see some drivers shuffle around at the end of the year forcing him out.

Soldato
I think Ocon won't do enough to keep his spot and we'll see some drivers shuffle around at the end of the year forcing him out.

Pre-season I was thinking Alonso would come in, make Ocon look poor and he'd be replaced by Gasly... But Alonso isn't exactly doing a great job yet, maybe that'll improve over time though, we're seeing with Ricciardo and Vettel (mostly the former) the effect of just changing teams, let alone having been out of F1 for a couple of years.

Associate
OP
But Alonso isn't exactly doing a great job yet, maybe that'll improve over time though, we're seeing with Ricciardo and Vettel (mostly the former) the effect of just changing teams, let alone having been out of F1 for a couple of years.

I'm personally surprised at Danny Rick too, until the first chequered flag I had him as dark horse for the title. It seems the current generation of cars must be quite punishing to learn their quirks.

Vettel is even more confusing after last race. I honestly have no idea if he still has his WC class talent.

Soldato
I think the AM is a dog, and specifically with rear grip, or the lack thereof, which is clearly Vettels weakness... I don't rate him particularly highly but give him a good car and he's better than Stroll even today.

But yeah, Ricciardo... I rate Norris, I expected it to be close with Ricciardo probably slightly ahead, I did *not* expect Norris to be doing so much better.

But we are only 3 races in, Vettels qualifying in Portimao and Ricciardos race drive were pretty decent really, just they both failed at the other if that makes sense :p

Caporegime
I predict (probably obvious) bottas will not be a merc driver in 2022

Alonso will not catch Ocon. But alpine will keep him. Shame DR left.

Will DR catch norris? I'd like to think so. But I think he will be number 2 driver.

Think perez will do enough to stay.

Soldato
1) Drivers World Champion - Hamilton or Verstappen
2) Rising star/most improved - Norris as rising star, Stroll as most improved.
3) The career ending drive - Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, and Raikkonen. Hamilton should have retired at the end of last year to leave on a high note and the others are past it; they would have been great as development drivers if we'd had the new cars this year. Mazepin won't be out unless his father crosses Putin.

Associate
1) Drivers World Champion - Lewis and by 2nd to last race of season
2) Rising star/most improved - it has to be Lando...
3) The career ending drive - Alonso... to decide (despite contract) he isnt getting anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom