Mercedes Benz and AMG Owners

Soldato
So I got my car home from London.

I can either reject it by contacting Mercedes. How straight will that be?

Or Inchcape will supply a new car. Going this route would keep the 3 free servicing compensation that they previously offered

decisions….,

Man of Honour
the thing is, is it a rogue dodgy car or are Mercedes just a bit poo?

does anyone know the rejection process? Is it long and drawn out?
Based on my experience, a bit poo.

1 x New engine mounts all round after error messages (£4K! warranty claim)

And
2 x Traction systems not working when shuffling out of a tight space.
2 x Engine into limp mode, sounding like a 4 cylinder, no pull after hard acceleration to red line.

All 4 fixed by turning off and on, no messages left in the service log, car working fine. That is sensors.

Soldato
Based on my experience, a bit poo.

1 x New engine mounts all round after error messages (£4K! warranty claim)

And
2 x Traction systems not working when shuffling out of a tight space.
2 x Engine into limp mode, sounding like a 4 cylinder, no pull after hard acceleration to red line.

All 4 fixed by turning off and on, no messages left in the service log, car working fine. That is sensors.

That's crazy for such a high end car!

I spoke to Merc Finance earlier, the rejection process can take up to 8 weeks......

Man of Honour
Cant say Ive had any issues with either of my E classes apart from a replacement battery on the E43 when I had it.
Mine had issues with seatbelt sensors, bonnet sensor and tyre pressure sensors. All showed themselves intermittently in my 30 months.

Soldato
the thing is, is it a rogue dodgy car or are Mercedes just a bit poo?
I'd say the former as my family have had 2 C's, an A, a GLA and an E and the only issues we've had in 4+ years were a slightly leaky adblue tank connection and a loose MAF sensor which put me in limp mode for a few miles. The tank was fixed by the dealer, and I had their mobile response guys come out to my office to fix the MAF which they did within 2 hours.

Soldato
All the Mercedes I have owned have been trouble free really.

My 6.2 coupe had both DRLs fail within a month of each other but not the end of world. It was a 6 year old car at the time. (I put 13k on it in my 7 months of ownership too!).

Last edited:
Soldato
Same for for me. Had my 6.2 saloon for 2.5 years. Trouble free and done about 15k. My boss has a had a couple of 4.0 C63s and he's has a few issues on them though.

No issues on mine (yet!).

My history of Mercede goes like so:

- 2011 C class Estate S204 C250 2.1 Cdi Facelift - kept for 10k miles, no issues
- 2011 CLS C218 AMG Sport 350 Cdi - kept for 20k miles, no issues
- 2012 C63 W204 Coupe 6.2 - kept for 13k miles, 2 DRLs changed
- 2018 C63 S205 Estate 4.0 - 3.5K so far, no issues (knock on wood!)

Obviously this excludes servicing, MOT, tyres, brakes etc but nothing out of the oridinary needed doing on anyone them. Maybe Im lucky, whatever the reason it's given me confidence in the brand for sure.

Compare any of these to my old VW Polo, Seat Ibiza Cupra or more recently, my GTR however...

Soldato
My C63 is due a B service, phoned my local dealer and it's £1144. :eek:

The also offered a service pack for two services which was about £1200 (I forget exactly how much), the next service is cheaper but it seems a no brainer to get the pack.

The were offering an engine oil/fuel flush for £29 and aircon one for £39. I'm not worried about the aircon, but is it advisable to get the engine/fuel flush on an AMG engine?

Man of Honour
My C63 is due a B service, phoned my local dealer and it's £1144. :eek:

The also offered a service pack for two services which was about £1200 (I forget exactly how much), the next service is cheaper but it seems a no brainer to get the pack.

The were offering an engine oil/fuel flush for £29 and aircon one for £39. I'm not worried about the aircon, but is it advisable to get the engine/fuel flush on an AMG engine?

How old is it? My 2019 C63 has its B service next month, was originally £640 but I asked if there's any room on that and got it down to £530. That's including the £29 engine flush as well

Back
Top Bottom