Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
5 degree's and rain.
You know it's went totally to **** when they can't have the pro's riding in, what is, Scottish summer time weather.
Stage ruined. Will just wait and fast forward the highlights instead of watching it today.

Soldato
OP
ahahaha, been a while since see as many guys wearing leg warmers as this! slowly starting to come to life. That final descent could see some big gaps made! Carthy and Yates with their northern blood could make some time back!

Soldato
OP
Great racing today :D :D :D well it sounded it.

They should make the riders go on Zwift to recreate what they cut out before they're allowed to race on days like that! EF looked like they were well up for it, they battered the race to pieces with their work today! But Bernal just looked so measured on the brief pictures shown and at the finish.

Soldato
But Bernal just looked so measured on the brief pictures shown and at the finish.

GCN Long Highlights went from Bernal being in a chasing group, 1:30 or so back, maybe 15km out... with Yates just trying to cling on... next thing Bernal's removing his raincoat and crossing the line?! Odd edit...

**EDIT** Oh, talking of Bernal's effort, the commentator has just said it's a shame we hadn't been able to see it. Was there technical difficulties?

Soldato
OP
GCN Long Highlights went from Bernal being in a chasing group, 1:30 or so back, maybe 15km out... with Yates just trying to cling on... next thing Bernal's removing his raincoat and crossing the line?! Odd edit...

That's all that was recorded. Due to the route change, the plane that broadcasts images back from the motorbikes wasn't allowed to fly as it didn't have clearance for the new route so nothing could be broadcast down from the mountain! So what you saw is what we all got.

Soldato
Wow, they couldn't at least 'record' from a few cameras and edit afterwards? I know no-use for live, but surely better than nothing? I guess they're just not set up for that, so technically not possible. That's actually quite interesting from a technical point of view :)

Soldato
I was watching some lad who went live on Instagram at the top of the climb.... he had great 4G he said.
Time for the TV coverage to move beyond 2002 I fear. Resorting to random guys on Instagram on phones because watching the locals waving and having fun at the finish line for an hour is not what I am paying for :p

Soldato
OP
Yeah that was ridiculous or as Andy says why isn't it recorded on bike for later catch up at least! Surely a drone can act as a relay in today's day and age!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Can someone please put Sean Kelly into retirement, he is half alseep, misses a truckload and talks utter cobblers at time.

Soldato
OP
Was thinking this morning, when was the last time a GC winner went through a GT without having any sort of bad days. Rest day legs or sign of things to come, think the easier day tomorrow will be to his benefit. It stays pretty much neutral on time, but if Yates shows this through to the finish then he could beright up there. Although he'd need a lead going into that TT based on previous form. Looking at the time gaps to everyone from caruso down shows how hard a day that was!

Great to see Dan Martin win, that was some ride to climb today on his own. and what a teammate Martinez is! He looks like he's getting stronger and stronger.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Was a great race, feel abit sorry for Bernal tbh, seems to have taken a huge amount of flack for a bad day.

Stunning location as well, one of my favourite places in the world.

Soldato
OP
Always the pressure of being the leader, tbh was it really a bad day in the grand scheme of things? He just struggled when it really ramped up but it looked like he was self aware enough to knock it back a bit when yates kicked on again rather than kill himself against someone that was 4.5 minutes back, but he seemed to have enough to keep Caruso in check and limit losses to Yates. Still got 2.5 minutes which is big in GC terms over recent years. Be different if yates takes back 3 minutes on him on Friday. Least it makes the last few days a bit more interesting. Surprised Hugh Carthy dropped so much time back, he looked super strong in the final week of Vuelta, so assumed he'd do the same again here.

I really want to do the Maratona, everyone says it's the most beautiful sportive!

Back
Top Bottom