What Virtual Reality games are you playing?

Soldato
AirCar
Rec Room
Big Screen
Gorilla Tag

If you've got the original games then there are great free VR mods for Doom 3 and Alien Isolation.

Ta. Heh yeah I played Alien Isolation on the DK2, I'll wait til I've got a supply of fresh undies for that one :p

Is Alyx worth the $$$? How long is it?

Associate
Bought a Rift S yesterday...not used VR since the DK2...pretty impressed!

Was doing some flying in MSFS which even on my 2070 was remarkably good with ASW, at least in GA aircraft away from cities. Maybe someday I can get an upgrade for my GPU, but this'll do.

Elite still as good as I remember...and Google Earth.

Been playing a lot of Beat Sabre. Any good freebies I should be trying?

Propagation
Accounting
First Steps
The Red Stare

Soldato
Re Alyx. I've clocked 11 hours. Still 3 chapters left. It's the pinnacle of VR .

To be honest, there isn't a lot in Alyx that hasn't been done before (even the gravity gloves have been done by other games), and it suffers from obviously being designed for teleport movement orginally. I also don't like that you can't switch gun hands on the fly and the guns are effectively glued to your hand.

However the whole package is so well done overall, with AAA graphics and story, it's a must have. The only other game I would say rivals it is Lone Echo, and that's shorter and is a much slower paced game.

Soldato
Perhaps my only complaint with Alyx is it is perhaps a little too long. They try to vary things level to level though. I would say it's the first VR AAA game I'm trying. Definitely one to show off to your mates.

Lone echo next on my list.
After that it's S&S.

Associate
Finished Alyx today, quite impressed but I had to look up an explanation of the ending. I gave up with HL at Xen and HL2 at the citadel. Yes, I'm a quitter...
Jeff is a ladie's front bottom. Next up stuff from two humble VR bundles that I've not really looked at.

Soldato
Downloaded Alyx, but I've been completely pre-occupied with MSFS and Beat Sabre.

Flight sim is so good...only problem is now I'm back on the GPU hunt, discord alerts ahoy!

Soldato

Well, well, well Mr. RockSteddy. Somebody has been working on their game :p. Great score in that Download the Future map on Pistol Whip. I couldn't even reach that score using modifiers!!!

Even when I managed to get accuracy in the high 90s, it still wasn't close. The scoring system gives more rewards for keeping to the beat more than for accuracy and I can't keep the beat to save my life, while you, my friend, got Soul!! (I mean Rhythm!! :))

Associate
Well, well, well Mr. RockSteddy. Somebody has been working on their game :p. Great score in that Download the Future map on Pistol Whip. I couldn't even reach that score using modifiers!!!

Even when I managed to get accuracy in the high 90s, it still wasn't close. The scoring system gives more rewards for keeping to the beat more than for accuracy and I can't keep the beat to save my life, while you, my friend, got Soul!! (I mean Rhythm!! :))

Haha! it's a small victory and I'm going to savour it as long as it lasts considering you beat me at every other game out there! :p:D
My beat Saber skills are paltry in comparison! :)

Pistol Whip is definitely more down to the beat score and combos rather than the accuracy but you need a perfect storm in all of them to get a great score. I'm trying to get an A classification but just can't get there, will keep trying though.

Associate
Subnautica BZ - if you were not aware the game has been officially released and there has been a recent update to the VR mod. The mod works pretty well and I would say it is on par with the OG Subnautica VR version.

Only thing lacking at the moment is VR controller support but I use a gamepad anyway and this works very well.

Associate
Most of the weekend spent on No Man's Sky, (Are they assuming my gender?)
It runs a lot better than the last time I tried it. Still flip-flopping between DLSS quality with the blur or off with the sharper image but shimmers and jaggies. Once you get past the weird ass mechanics it can be very engrossing. It has that just one more go vibe. On default difficulty it isn't particularly challenging but it can be very pretty. Worth another look if you have it or a buy if it's on sale.

Soldato
Most of the weekend spent on No Man's Sky, (Are they assuming my gender?)
It runs a lot better than the last time I tried it. Still flip-flopping between DLSS quality with the blur or off with the sharper image but shimmers and jaggies. Once you get past the weird ass mechanics it can be very engrossing. It has that just one more go vibe. On default difficulty it isn't particularly challenging but it can be very pretty. Worth another look if you have it or a buy if it's on sale.

I've been playing it constantly since the last Expedition. Got a reasonable set of settings now that give a decent framerate. I'm addicted to finding all the creatures on a planet. My personal objective is to find as close a planet to Earth type as possible (Green grass and tree leaves, blue oceans, blue skies, and reasonably sensible fauna), then build a base on it.

Soldato
Can you play Half-Life Alyx sitting down but also with 1 hand, as my left hand isn't very good, as Im in a wheelchair... I have just upgraded from the DK2 to the Quest 2... Im amazed that people are still using the DK2 because you can't play many games without hand controls anymore?

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you play Half-Life Alyx sitting down, as Im in a wheelchair and I have just upgraded from the DK2 to the Quest 2... Im amazed that people are still using the DK2 because you can't play many games without hand controls anymore?

Yes you can play HL Alyx sitting down. You'll just need enough room around your wheelchair to move your arms around. It's very accessible, as the gravity glove mechanic means you can grab things from a distance, and it has lots of movement and accessibility options. It even has a single hand control mode, and a duck/crouch button.

Back
Top Bottom