Sennheiser to exit consumer headphone and speaker markets...

Soldato
Using my Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless 2 on daily basis both at home and at work and really loving it to bits.

Real shame to hear that Sennheiser will be leaving the consumer audio market...

Was about to buy a pair. By all the reviews they seem to be the best available in the price range. Beating out the Sonys and Bose challengers.

Might not bother now knowing that any bug or issues are never going to be fixed.

Associate
Was about to buy a pair. By all the reviews they seem to be the best available in the price range. Beating out the Sonys and Bose challengers.

Might not bother now knowing that any bug or issues are never going to be fixed.

They'll honour your warranty, at least while there's still parts. I tried a few other brands when I upgraded but ended up coming back to Sennheiser despite them selling out.

Loks like the business is going to carry on though https://www.whathifi.com/news/sennheiser-has-sold-its-consumer-audio-business

Soldato
Yesterday visited the bank at the shopping centre, and picked-up a huge bargain of the GSX1000 for just £49.99 from GAME of all places!!
https://pasteboard.co/K1xQq95.jpg
K1xQq95.jpg

Soldato
Love my 650s. I was going to sell them to get the Sony xm4 because of sound leakage but think I'll hold onto them now. Also have the senn ie800s

Man of Honour
Love my 650s. I was going to sell them to get the Sony xm4 because of sound leakage but think I'll hold onto them now. Also have the senn ie800s

Nothing beats the 600 series IMO if you have an amp with good synergy with them - there are headphones more high end sure and sometimes the intimacy of vocals gets a bit much (though again tends to depend on how well they match up with the amp) but overall there is a quality to the experience with them nothing else touches.

Associate
Nothing beats the 600 series IMO if you have an amp with good synergy with them - there are headphones more high end sure and sometimes the intimacy of vocals gets a bit much (though again tends to depend on how well they match up with the amp) but overall there is a quality to the experience with them nothing else touches.

Tried the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home and Grado sr325e - neither was as good all round as the 660s (though I have had years of Sennheiser brainwashing).

Soldato
That's a shame, I've just spotted this thread as I was looking for reviews on their earbuds. I've always been a Sennheiser fan since I was given some HD25s for my 18th birthday. They're still going strong 20 years later along with my HD599s I use for gaming.

Associate
It's crazy how good they sound, the best experience I had with them was with some of the Eddie Current gear, I wouldn't recommend spending over 2k for a amp for them but outside of the poor bass clarity, control the upper mids and treble just have so much resolution that becomes more apparent on those amps. Even on a simple Vali 2 with a good NOS tube and a half decent DAC I've always felt they had some of the best timbre, vocal clarity and focus. One thing I've always learned to do with a HD600 series headphone is to just give it time after a new purchase because returning after the fairy dust settles off it's surprising how well they hold up to higher end headphones.

Associate
It's crazy how good they sound, the best experience I had with them was with some of the Eddie Current gear, I wouldn't recommend spending over 2k for a amp for them but outside of the poor bass clarity, control the upper mids and treble just have so much resolution that becomes more apparent on those amps. Even on a simple Vali 2 with a good NOS tube and a half decent DAC I've always felt they had some of the best timbre, vocal clarity and focus. One thing I've always learned to do with a HD600 series headphone is to just give it time after a new purchase because returning after the fairy dust settles off it's surprising how well they hold up to higher end headphones.

I've found the JDS Labs Element 2 fits the bill perfectly - decent enough DAC but the amp really is a steal at that price.

Back
Top Bottom