• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
In normal times, if this were priced at under a thousand it would be my first choice of graphics card, performance is pretty much the same as the 3090 in gaming and hits a sweet spot for vram given the processing power (maybe smaller but what can you do, it's 24gb or 12gb due to the architecture). But these are far from normal times. The chances of getting one of these at anywhere near msrp are slim at best, probably for well over a year.

What is the msrp?
Is there an FE?
Will the FE be LHR?
Will LHR really work?
Are all the FE models being discontinued as rumoured?
What's the performance like?

There is still a lot we don't know, but all will be revealed soon, I guess.

It's funny, Nvidia are saying they expect the shortages to not ease until the second half of the year. Well I suppose with new products coming out they aren't going to say anything else, but the way things are going, with no government interaction on scalping or mining, try the second half of the decade when the new fab factories are in full production.

FE supposedly non-LHR, just AIB boards will have the limiter. Agreed so much info still to come.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
So it’s performance is entirely where everyone expected it to be. Almost a 3090 but only the FE will be anywhere near RRP, if you’re able to find one.

Only thing I’m interested in is whether it shares the 3090FE cooler instead of the 3080’s.

Soldato
Was expecting at least 16GB at least. Just 2GB more than the 3080 seems a bit stingy to me.

It's been known since the 3000 series was released (September) that it's either 10GB or 20GB VRAM for the 3080, as this is all that's possible with the 320bit bus and the memory density of the modules. 3080ti/3090 have a 384bit bus, so it's either 12GB or 24GB.

Soldato
I've had no issues at 4k with 10GB on the 3080 - though newer games are pushing right up against the 10GB limit. I suspect clever driver algorithms from Nvidia are the reason memory management makes this a non issue. Have 0 qualms about getting a 3080ti with 12GB.

Soldato
I will be on the lookout for a 3070Ti if they're a 'reasonable' price, I don't think i'll be realistically able to afford the 3080Ti. My 1080 is still going strong though, so if I can't get one then I'll be waiting for the 4000 series.

Associate
A few days before the limiters bypassed ?

:p

If they do, I'm hoping something comes out so I can up the power limit on a fe. Last couple of gens, no one has cracked the bios to allow this modification. Been stuck with cross flashing etc.... But now with 12 pin, there is no cross flash available for fe cards.

Back
Top Bottom