AMG GT R - Der Tag

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Had a visit from Housey today and a ride out in the AMG beast, feels much stronger than the R8 due to all that midrange torque it’s got and love how it scrabbles around for grip even in dry.

One of best sounding turbo motors I’ve heard.

E626FB98-5847-4101-BBD8-EB79DC469A4A.jpeg 47E340A3-A2F4-4BBE-9BB8-522966C6298B.jpeg

Mega value for money these cars now in used market and will be a thing of the past in years to come.

Think Housey was shocked that the Corvette has an even bigger bonnet than the Merc. :D

Man of Honour
OP
Good to see you mate and thanks again for the coffee, not that you had anything to do with it :D

Managed to pull another engine management light and limp mode special again on the way home so back to Mercedes for a check. Turned off and on and all back to normal so feels once again a sensor around emissions when I run it to the red line.

Soldato
Hi there

Had a visit from Housey today and a ride out in the AMG beast, feels much stronger than the R8 due to all that midrange torque it’s got and love how it scrabbles around for grip even in dry.

One of best sounding turbo motors I’ve heard.

E626FB98-5847-4101-BBD8-EB79DC469A4A.jpeg 47E340A3-A2F4-4BBE-9BB8-522966C6298B.jpeg

Mega value for money these cars now in used market and will be a thing of the past in years to come.

Think Housey was shocked that the Corvette has an even bigger bonnet than the Merc. :D
Now how nice does that car sit... lovely stuff. Can't wait for the next power run day later in year, would be good to get some of these together at some point!!! lovin it

OcUK Staff
Good to see you mate and thanks again for the coffee, not that you had anything to do with it :D

Managed to pull another engine management light and limp mode special again on the way home so back to Mercedes for a check. Turned off and on and all back to normal so feels once again a sensor around emissions when I run it to the red line.

Yeah it’s a good machine and the operator ain’t half bad either. :D

As long as it’s just warnings that go away after a restart it’s either a dodgy sensor or the cars needs some form of software update, probably an 02 sensor or the factory catalyst needs replacing but highly unlikely with so few miles.

Man of Honour
OP
One of those gentle pull always, bit more throttle, oh still there, let’s open the taps fully. Surprised how much it pulled. I know it’s faster but thought it would be closer. I love ermmmm runways.

Back
Top Bottom