Yi cam users - how the heck do you share recordings in app?

The app never used to do this. Before in the yi app on android, If you accessed a recording that's on the memory card, you could clock record and it'd save as a video file on your phone gallery. Now it saves, but the video can only be found within the yi app album and it can't be shared. Any time you try share it just saves video format not recognised.

Now on Windows pc app, you cannot ever record old footage, only new. So totally useless.

Anyone know how to get this video files so I can share them?

Associate
I'd been a user of 4 cameras for the past 3 years or so and they weren't too bad. Left an indoor camera outside all year round sat on a wall to monitor some garden wildlife, just covered with a bit of plastic to keep the rain off and it held up very well. Software wise, it's becoming more limited and there are a lot more prompts to pay for their cloud service. Can't even pause the footage when playing it back.
If the software gets limited any more I'll probably ditch them for something else.

Caporegime
The app never used to do this. Before in the yi app on android, If you accessed a recording that's on the memory card, you could clock record and it'd save as a video file on your phone gallery. Now it saves, but the video can only be found within the yi app album and it can't be shared. Any time you try share it just saves video format not recognised.

Now on Windows pc app, you cannot ever record old footage, only new. So totally useless.

Anyone know how to get this video files so I can share them?

What's the format?

Caporegime
You can't see. The file is not something you can find in any folder. Just from the app there is an album, which shows the thumbnail that you click to play. No other information is discoverable.

So you've checked in the filer type app on your phone? Assuming it's not an iPhone that is.

Soldato
OP
I think you need to 'record' the clip and it'll save to the gallery app

that's what i've done, and that's what used to happen. it doesn't go into gallery any more.

There isn't a DCIM folder anywhere? Then burried on there?

there is one, which has old videos that i've recorded from my yi cam, but the app doesn't save to there any more.

Caporegime
that's what i've done, and that's what used to happen. it doesn't go into gallery any more.

there is one, which has old videos that i've recorded from my yi cam, but the app doesn't save to there any more.

Ok. Apologies, not trying to make out your thick or anything just wanted to check :D

Hate it when stuff like this changes!

Back
Top Bottom