New house - no power to alarm

Associate
Hi all

We recently moved and the alarm in the new house seems to have no power. Nothing on the display, nothing happens when I press the buttons.

I've had a look and can't see a fuse for this in the main fuse box so before I call an engineer is there anything else I should be checking?

Permabanned
The first and most important question is where does it get it's power from. Even if you call an engineer he's not going to know either. Best take a look yourself.

Soldato
If you can't see any tripped fuses in the CU and can't see a fused spur anywhere nearby, possibly in the room on the other side of the wall where the alarm control is sited then I'd just call the house builders customer service.

Associate
daughter had same problem , last owner has turned the alarm off , main box was in a storage cabinet under the stairs. alarm panel was dead . i repowered the alarm and then had the problem of no codes even the engineers code had been changed and locked, last owner had left the country and sold the house to a builder who just sold it on so no joy from them...looks like a new alarm is needed told her to get quotes :)

oh and the alarm installer has ceased trading took the name and number off the bell box, even spoke to the manufacturer but 8 year old alarm so classed as old now ....

Soldato
Is it new built or just new to you?

If it's not new built, then as above. It's likely been powered down either to stop false alarms or it was set off at some point and no one had the code.

If installed correctly, it should have a fused spur somewhere near the alarm box (usually a fairly plain looking white box) you may find they have removed the fuse (3a usually) and disconnected the battery in the panel.

Some systems can be factory reset without a code so all hope isn't lost just yet If you don't have the code.

Back
Top Bottom