Snowrunner

Soldato
Time to bump this having just discovered this wonderful game. Still plodding around the opening map, great fun currently trying to get my bogged down trailer loaded with concrete panels for a bridge mission out of the mud, with the starting vehicles. Note to self - don’t shortcut through The Farm as what’s shown as a road on the map is a quagmire! No other game can offer a mission where I’m now in the third hour figuring out how to solve it...

Soldato
The farm is a nightmare early game! Get's passable with better trucks later in the game though.
I've not played any in ages, not really tried some of the newer maps through yet. I've been occupied with other games!

Farm is fairly easy if you go through the fence and do not follow any of the 'paths'

Once you get fletstar everything becomes lot easier GMC is pointless sell it instantly

Soldato
i have ended up buying this game & all the yearly passes. Can see myself playing this game for a long time & possibly over & over.
This must be one of the best hours of gameplay for cost titles I’ve ever purchased. Up around 20 hours now and only just about to travel beyond the first Michigan map.
I sold most of the starter vehicles and acquired the International Paystar 5070. That thing is a locomotive. Even with a trailer attached it just keeps going! I had to use the winch just once inna slightly tight spot compared to numerous times with the road trucks. It helps by being one of the few trucks you can fit with All Terrain tyres pre Level 6.

Soldato
Always found the 5070 too fond of tipping over! Ended up selling it after not really getting on with it. Guess it could have been tweaked since this was back when the game was first released. I know they've done balance passes on other trucks to fix things.

Definitely a great value game. Whilst I've not played in a while I've racked up a lot of hours for the price and not even touched some of the latest DLCs that came down as part of the season pass.

Soldato
Been working slowly on a map for this. Lots and lots to do yet but have recently figured out "stages building" in the Map Editor. Know when you start the game and build the bridge? That's what I figured out how to do, and it's really easy once you know how.

YdNdGq6.jpg

86uKRdh.jpg

S8feDiX.jpg

One of the "building" tasks I'm going to setup.
KqlEmo5.jpg

SZrJGoq.jpg

wdHkkdx.jpg

Soldato
I'm a fan of this game. It's both intensely frustrating and satisfying at the same time. Finally got diff lock for the pickup so it's a lot easier to get around to lookouts, but by god I am desperate to get all terrain tyres on my big trucks because it is a nightmare getting around in them with road tyres on. At least I have one with diff lock and awd now though. Decided I'm sticking around in Michigan until I get those tyres because road tyres and snow is even worse than mud.

Soldato
This must be one of the best hours of gameplay for cost titles I’ve ever purchased. Up around 20 hours now and only just about to travel beyond the first Michigan map.
I sold most of the starter vehicles and acquired the International Paystar 5070. That thing is a locomotive. Even with a trailer attached it just keeps going! I had to use the winch just once inna slightly tight spot compared to numerous times with the road trucks. It helps by being one of the few trucks you can fit with All Terrain tyres pre Level 6.

yeh, ive currently done 40%+ of michagon,
bit of Russia

Currently own (everything is upgraded to max currently avaliable at lvl11)
Yar68
Apache
Scout 800
Chevelot (sold now)
Fleetstar
Western (one you find)
Azor
the 8 wheel offroad mammoth
& one of other i forgot the name of.

pystar tips so much, the western in michagon lvl 2 area is much better :)

Soldato
I just discovered to my cost that the Paystar is prone to tipping. Funny the chap above just posted, but I’m also having trouble doing the mission on the first Michigan map where you have to crane hoist the 4 crates of drilling supplies off a hillside. Three attempts now and each time I’ve rolled over. Recover and back to the garage, the slightly tedious part then having to spend 15 mins driving back to the location. If I had one criticism of the game, it’s that the save feature needs to be more forgiving. Maybe I will leave this mission for a little while until I can get a more stable truck or unlock the electric winch so I can pull myself back upright.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
If you're tipping over, drove another truck to the same location and use it to pull it back over. Saves making the same trip over and over.

Associate
I randomly clicked on this thread. Looked very unique so picked it up.

My god am I struggling though.

I don't think I have completed a proper missing where you actually to have to carry things. I have a truck with AWD and Diff lock but I'm like level 3 I think?

My scout and fine and can pretty much go anywhere.

I'm losing patience now when I cant even complete the opening missions! Everything seems to be so far away and basically over land that is not passable. Yeah, the winch helps but only where there is something to hook in on.

Should I be looking for a certain truck to help me? Please help hahah.

**EDIT** I have the premium so have a fair few trucks to choose from as well **

Soldato
I randomly clicked on this thread. Looked very unique so picked it up.

My god am I struggling though.

I don't think I have completed a proper missing where you actually to have to carry things. I have a truck with AWD and Diff lock but I'm like level 3 I think?

My scout and fine and can pretty much go anywhere.

I'm losing patience now when I cant even complete the opening missions! Everything seems to be so far away and basically over land that is not passable. Yeah, the winch helps but only where there is something to hook in on.

Should I be looking for a certain truck to help me? Please help hahah.

**EDIT** I have the premium so have a fair few trucks to choose from as well **
fleetstar can be pretty much do most missions, One big tip though, dont follow any roads or mud paths, becomes 80% easier after that., for example in michagon i break through side fences & get jobs done so much faster. its definetly tough at first butonce you have AWD/DIFF + better tyres becomes so much easier.

depending on lvl & money some people suggest selling all your trucks & trailers which should get you around $80K which should be enough for the pystar offroader. but not a fan of that.

Depending on the map the western truck you find in michagon 2nd map is a real good truck to start out on.

I would suggest though wish i did this earlier is explore all maps with scout first, youll find some easier missions you can do with just scout & get some quick cash/xp for better tyres for larger trucks & you can pick up the upgrades too.

Soldato
Yeah the thing that threw me was the tutorial leaves you in the snowy location, and at that point you are deffo not equipped to handle that. Back to michigan and it's a lot easier. Roll on all terrain tyres though! Currently just scouting around everywhere now my pickup has diff lock and mud tyres so I can see what trucks I can scoop up

Man of Honour
Snowrunner is great, love playing it on co-op as well, have to prepare an hour or so at a time to make sure I can get one mission done

I rate it as one of the best co-op games I've ever played, for a simple reason...there are a lot of co-op games out there where the players dont actually co-op, they just sort of run around together but essentially arent doing anything different to what they would do in single player, its not so much co-op as multi-solo-play. However, Snowrunner actually pushes you into playing co-operatively, you actually do work together rather than 2+ people playing in the same place but individually. Having someone who can scout ahead, or winch you out of a bog, or winch you upright if you tip up, share the truck loads, guide you through a tight pass, bring you fuel/repairs etc. really makes it a superb co-op experience.

Associate
I bought this at launch and currently 180 hours in (also have the all the latest DLC)....sometimes the game gets very grindy and frustrating but I still love it. I'm tempted to look at some of the mods as I will never get to finish all the missions at the pace I'm playing.

Back
Top Bottom