• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Anyone just given up on looking for a new GPU?

Soldato
Im going to wait for everything to settle down, not sure if that will ever happen but my 980 Ti and 8600k are hanging in there when you turn shadows and water effects and that kind of thing off

Soldato
I was looking at a bottleneck benchmark site and it seems just about every card is slightly lower fps from 5% upto 30% because I havent updated the CPU lately. Some of it I can make up for with overclock but seems a fair point everyone should upgrade cpu while waiting and similar moves. Not sure its a massive deal in practice and RT development might matter more but also maybe all of this is an excuse just to buy an entire machine

Associate
Just got my friend a 3080ti FE. I turned up the Nvidia site at 2:30 - so 30mins ‘late’ after they went live. Hit refresh, in stock, add to basket, no drama. Grabbed him to plug in his details and job’s good.

Honestly, the FE cards are easy to buy.

Associate
My 1080 is dying and was hoping to get a Ti today.

Just got my friend a 3080ti FE. I turned up the Nvidia site at 2:30 - so 30mins ‘late’ after they went live. Hit refresh, in stock, add to basket, no drama. Grabbed him to plug in his details and job’s good.

Sadly, had no such luck. Continuous refreshing and never once a buy option before going out of stock.

Stu

Stu

Soldato

Honestly, I'm surprised everyone didn't get one...

Soldato
I'm assuming we will hear about eh AMD RX 6600XT this month. Anyone willing to have a stab in the dark on price for what is going to be a mainstream card?

Once the shortage is over then maintain GPUs will be £250 ish.

It's pointless even thinking about it when store shelves are empty. You'd be mad to pay inflated prices like £400 because you're throwing money away on something that is worth £250.

This is only temporary. Once shelves are full of every model, they'll be a price war. It just takes time.

Man of Honour
Once the shortage is over then maintain GPUs will be £250 ish.
Depends on how people define 'mainstream'. Don't forget even the absolute cheapest RTX2000 series card has always been more than that. Vega you could just about squeeze a 56 around that price point once it had been out for ages and there was a sale on. It feels to me like the price brackets are heading north, it used to be mainstream was around the £175 mark, now I'd say you're talking £300, i.e. RTX3060.

Soldato
Depends on how people define 'mainstream'. Don't forget even the absolute cheapest RTX2000 series card has always been more than that. Vega you could just about squeeze a 56 around that price point once it had been out for ages and there was a sale on. It feels to me like the price brackets are heading north, it used to be mainstream was around the £175 mark, now I'd say you're talking £300, i.e. RTX3060.

I've always thought the 1660 replaced the 1060. The 3060 skewed the tiers and it's really a higher tier than its marketing name suggests in my opinion.

Soldato
I was looking at doing a whole system replacement of my 10yo current PC this Spring - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL :D - right now I'm just praying everything holds together as if just a single thing fails I'm screwed :D

Back
Top Bottom