• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Caporegime
6700 XT in on route and should be here tomorrow. Quite excited to have a new toy to place with. Just need to somehow learn how to edit videos properly so I can do some side by side comparisons with it's elder brother.

Caporegime
Add me to the owners list please @Kaapstad... oh wait. :p

XFX Merc 319 6700 XT & 6900 XT side by side. 6700 XT on top.

GUiDrkx.jpg

A1rLCap.jpg

4b5GXfo.jpg

7YvMqwj.jpg

The cooler is very similar to the cooler found on the 6900 XT, but with a few small differences in size and RGB logo positioning.

On the 6700 XT the RGB logo is partially obscured by my PCI-E cables, this was not an issue with the 6900 XT. May have to reposition cables eventually.

Completely silent under load, even with the GPU overclocked to the max. The cooler is massive overkill for this GPU.

Managed to achieve the fastest 3DMark Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme, and Timespy Extreme scores in the world for the 6700 XT already with this model. Shame it does not have more than 1.2v available, as it would go much further with additional voltage.

Y3Jf5Qy.png

MAadPnQ.png

GAG0HFE.png

I hope the prices of this GPU come back to normality soon as availability increases, because for £450-£500 its a great GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Nice On the benchmarks

Your right on the pricing and it being a great gpu

Wondering how the drivers will mature

Man of Honour

GUiDrkx.jpg

A1rLCap.jpg

4b5GXfo.jpg

7YvMqwj.jpg

The cooler is very similar to the cooler found on the 6900 XT, but with a few small differences in size and RGB logo positioning.

On the 6700 XT the RGB logo is partially obscured by my PCI-E cables, this was not an issue with the 6900 XT. May have to reposition cables eventually.

Completely silent under load, even with the GPU overclocked to the max. The cooler is massive overkill for this GPU.

Managed to achieve the fastest 3DMark Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme, and Timespy Extreme scores in the world for the 6700 XT already with this model. Shame it does not have more than 1.2v available, as it would go much further with additional voltage.

Y3Jf5Qy.png

MAadPnQ.png

GAG0HFE.png

I hope the prices of this GPU come back to normality soon as availability increases, because for £450-£500 its a great GPU.

Sorry Matt, I did not realise how popular the 6700 XT was going to be.

Caporegime

GUiDrkx.jpg

A1rLCap.jpg

4b5GXfo.jpg

7YvMqwj.jpg

Y3Jf5Qy.png

MAadPnQ.png

GAG0HFE.png

Some gameplay testing on Call of Duty Black Ops and Dirt 5 max settings @ 1440P.

Soldato
Some gameplay testing on Call of Duty Black Ops and Dirt 5 max settings @ 1440P.

Heard the MERC is a quality card, I've had the 6700 XT Red Devil a little over 2 weeks and can't fault it either... dead silent with everything maxed out at 1440p on the latest WHQL drivers. Not happy about the price paid but quality and performance is superb.

@Kaapstad - maybe time for that owners listing?

Caporegime
Heard the MERC is a quality card, I've had the 6700 XT Red Devil a little over 2 weeks and can't fault it either... dead silent with everything maxed out at 1440p on the latest WHQL drivers. Not happy about the price paid but quality and performance is superb.

@Kaapstad - maybe time for that owners listing?
Nice, The Red Devil is a great looking card also. Seems powercolor did the same as XFX, kept the same cooler as used on the 6900 XT just downsized it a little.

Yeah price was not great, but we all like our toys. :D

Curious, what is your stock core clock as shown in Radeon Software before you make any changes?

EDIT

In other news I found a nice benchmark video on YouTube which shows the perf difference vs the 5700 XT. It can be anywhere around 25-60% faster depending on the game, on average seems about 40%+ faster. Some of the more recent games show larger increases in perf.

Soldato
I just like my 6700xt fighter card cos with the old vega 56 pulse i had, gta 5 had issues with missing textures if ur in a fast car flying down the middle of the city without stopping. I thought was my cpu not keeping up with the new gfx card, but when ive changed to the 6700xt the issue has gone, and i can max it out more or less at 1440p. Cpu no longer thought the problem. Lucky i got the 6700 for 450 from ocuk at the time they did the special 10k with coupon thing, and selling the vega to a mate for 300 instead of risking ebay for higher price but scam potential, means, ive more or less bought the 6700xt for 150. Which i thought isnt too bad. RDR2 also runs more or less maxed and lovely solid fps.

Caporegime
I just like my 6700xt fighter card cos with the old vega 56 pulse i had, gta 5 had issues with missing textures if ur in a fast car flying down the middle of the city without stopping. I thought was my cpu not keeping up with the new gfx card, but when ive changed to the 6700xt the issue has gone, and i can max it out more or less at 1440p. Cpu no longer thought the problem. Lucky i got the 6700 for 450 from ocuk at the time they did the special 10k with coupon thing, and selling the vega to a mate for 300 instead of risking ebay for higher price but scam potential, means, ive more or less bought the 6700xt for 150. Which i thought isnt too bad. RDR2 also runs more or less maxed and lovely solid fps.
Yeah you got a great deal there. Think you were one of the first here to get one as well.

Soldato
Nice, The Red Devil is a great looking card also. Seems powercolor did the same as XFX, kept the same cooler as used on the 6900 XT just downsized it a little.

Yeah price was not great, but we all like our toys. :D

Curious, what is your stock core clock as shown in Radeon Software before you make any changes?

EDIT

In other news I found a nice benchmark video on YouTube which shows the perf difference vs the 5700 XT. It can be anywhere around 25-60% faster depending on the game, on average seems about 40%+ faster. Some of the more recent games show larger increases in perf.

The cooler is huge and has a slight sag so might get a bracket at some point. Stock core clock is 2514 before changes. Thinking about RDR2 soon and will look at revisiting CP2077 at some point soon.

Soldato
It took me a while but I eventually got lucky on my GPU hunt this year. Though I had zero luck getting a 6800 XT.
  • First I got a 6800 on the special OCUK deal for £570, so a bit more then MSRP but acceptable. Though it had a faulty DP port and had to RMA it.
  • While I was waiting on the 6800 I managed to get a 3080 FE for MSRP at another UK retailer.
  • My 6800 was replaced and returned to and I sold it for the price I got it for (I hate scalpers).
  • Then I got a 6700 XT Fighter for the £450 deal from OCUK (thanks again OCUK). This was to replace the 2080 in my son's PC.
So I have done OK for pricing and sourcing these GPUs. The 6700 XT Fighter is small, quiet and cool and I can max out the OC on it. The 6700 XT is a genuinely great 1080p or 1440p GPU and even handles 4K reasonably well with medium/high settings.

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom