• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

6700 XT Owners Thread

Caporegime
@LtMatt
Here you go, my Firestrike extreme ->result<-.

Pretty clear that my 6700XT's overall score is held back a fair bit by my 3600 non x running stock.
Nice score, only 2.6% difference in graphics score when GPU bound.

Yeah, you need to get a 5600X or better, you'll get SAM too which will definitely help performance in games.

It does nothing in benchmarks like Firestrike or Superposition though.

Soldato
Nice score, only 2.6% difference in graphics score when GPU bound.

Yeah, you need to get a 5600X or better, you'll get SAM too which will definitely help performance in games.

It does nothing in benchmarks like Firestrike or Superposition though.
I already have sam :) gigabyte have been nice to me heheh

Man of Honour
Heard the MERC is a quality card, I've had the 6700 XT Red Devil a little over 2 weeks and can't fault it either... dead silent with everything maxed out at 1440p on the latest WHQL drivers. Not happy about the price paid but quality and performance is superb.

@Kaapstad - maybe time for that owners listing?

Unfortunately this is not one of my threads.

Soldato
@LtMatt - what settings do you have enabled in the Radeon Software under both graphics and display? Would like to know if I'm running everything at optimal performance and not missing out on a feature that should be enabled.

Caporegime
LG 27GL850-B 144Hz. I literally have the default software options and 95% is switched off apart from FreeSync.
Under display make sure you have 10 bit pixel format selected, if your display supports it. Enable Radeon Image Sharpening under Global Graphics.

I also disable everything in the preferences menu bar the Radeon Software tray Icon. Other than that, you should be good to go tbh.

Soldato
Under display make sure you have 10 bit pixel format selected, if your display supports it. Enable Radeon Image Sharpening under Global Graphics.

I also disable everything in the preferences menu bar the Radeon Software tray Icon. Other than that, you should be good to go tbh.

Radeon Image Sharpening set at default with 80%, also everything else is off like Enhanced Sync, Anti-Lag, Chill... etc.

Caporegime
Radeon Image Sharpening set at default with 80%, also everything else is off like Enhanced Sync, Anti-Lag, Chill... etc.
Yeah that's what i use.

Anti Lag can be helpful in fast paced shooters - if you are fully GPU bound (99-100% locked GPU utilisation) in said game. However, sometimes it can cause stuttering and slightly lower performance. So you have to try it in said game and see if it works.

Enhanced sync reduces tearing when your frame rate exceeds the refresh rate of your FreeSync monitor. This can be useful if a game gives a lot of tearing at high FPS. Like Anti Lag, this is one of those features that you need to test with the game and see if it provides a benefit, otherwise you can keep it off.

I use both features on a few games, but for the most part i keep them both off. I find it better for fast paced shooters to adjust image quality details so that GPU utilisation stays at 80% or lower, then to use Frame Rate Target Control (found under Global Graphics) to lock the frame rate to 3-5 FPS below your maximum refresh rate of your FreeSync monitor. This will reduce latency and help in fast paced twitch shooters. For other types of games this is not necessary.

Other than that, you don't need to do anything.

Soldato
Yeah that's what i use.

Anti Lag can be helpful in fast paced shooters - if you are fully GPU bound (99-100% locked GPU utilisation) in said game. However, sometimes it can cause stuttering and slightly lower performance. So you have to try it in said game and see if it works.

Enhanced sync reduces tearing when your frame rate exceeds the refresh rate of your FreeSync monitor. This can be useful if a game gives a lot of tearing at high FPS. Like Anti Lag, this is one of those features that you need to test with the game and see if it provides a benefit, otherwise you can keep it off.

I use both features on a few games, but for the most part i keep them both off. I find it better for fast paced shooters to adjust image quality details so that GPU utilisation stays at 80% or lower, then to use Frame Rate Target Control (found under Global Graphics) to lock the frame rate to 3-5 FPS below your maximum refresh rate of your FreeSync monitor. This will reduce latency and help in fast paced twitch shooters. For other types of games this is not necessary.

Other than that, you don't need to do anything.

Thanks for that all sorted!

Soldato
Thinking of getting a 6700 xt for my second pc build i am putting together, but £800 seems quite a lot for a card that was previously around £440... I'm tempted to instead go for a pre-built pc with an included rtx 3070 with a slightly weaker cpu which will cost about the same in total.. Is there a significant difference between the 6700 xt and 3070 that would mean choosing one over the other?

Caporegime
Thinking of getting a 6700 xt for my second pc build i am putting together, but £800 seems quite a lot for a card that was previously around £440... I'm tempted to instead go for a pre-built pc with an included rtx 3070 with a slightly weaker cpu which will cost about the same in total.. Is there a significant difference between the 6700 xt and 3070 that would mean choosing one over the other?
They are pretty similar in performance overall, which is odd as the 6700 XT should be competing more with the 3060 TI not the 3070.

My friend just bought a 6700 XT pre-built as it was a better deal and he’s very happy with its performance.

Back
Top Bottom