Faulty Ram Socket?

Associate
Ok so I have had intermittant crashes with my Asus B550-E since the day I had it but they have been rare lately. However upon installing my new GPU today I decided to check out the ram slots and one of the ram slots seems to have 2 large plastic mounds inside of the slot that seem to be preventing the ram in that slot from making full contact. I tested my ram in the other 3 slots and there was no errors in memtest at all but upon trying the ram in the "faulty?" slot then errors were seen right away.

A friend was nice enough to test the ram for me in his system as well and the ram came back with zero errors. I have tried removing the plastics from the slot but they seem to be melted and not removable. So would you say this is basically a faulty socket issue. Think about getting a new motherboard tbh!

Associate
If it were my board i'd try and pick the plastic mounds out of the socket since ram socket pins are quite durable and not easy to break. If you're uncomfortable with this defo RMA it or send it back to the original manafac.

Back
Top Bottom