Tories lost the 2019 election among working age adults

Permabanned
Not surprising, relatives and older friends who are retired voted solely on Brexit lines and kicking out foreigners, even though it affects them not at all. Labours stance, and awful leadership, did not line up with their bigotry. :cry:

Caporegime
Because that defeats the purpose of voting in the first place? I mean if we're only ever gonna vote for the favourite might as well save some bother and just have a one-part government.

I didn't say change your vote.

If you're always annoyed that your chosen candidate loses Because "democracy" means the other people in your constituency want them, then move.

Then you can always "win"

Caporegime
You're asking why it's relevant to demarcate people who've left their working years behind being the only group voting for the government, whilst working age people of all age groups wanted the opposition party?

Come on. I've said it already: you're just sealioning

Your miss representing things.

The working age people didn't vote.

So they can be assumed to be happy with whatever winner.

non voters should just be counted as voting for whoever won

Caporegime
I'm genuinely curious as to how they lost really. There just isn't a viable alternative right now. The labour party have no leadership. No aims. No feasible future.
The lib dems, rightfully still haven't been forgiven and have the same issues as Labour.
No other party has the size or calibre to challenge the top 2/3.
We're screwed next time around too.

Caporegime
It's just been put in a graph

And had the numbers massages to be a 100% turn out......

Being retired is one of the main reasons for people being economically inactive, even under your Mr Pernickety definition.

Good to have the sticklers for language polluting the thread, though.

It's not really a stickler for language is an important distinction for grouping the categories.

For instance your claiming early retirement is a bigger factor in the population than higher education.

Yet simultaneously arguing that the former group should be excluded but not the latter

Soldato
As 2019 is the first election that I have been retired, it is the first one that I have been in the winning camp due to my being retired. All the other times I have been of working age and won or lost on that basis since 1972.

God I was ****** whenever Labour won. All those useless pensioners keeping the workers down and voting in that shambles.

Man of Honour
This seems to be being positioned (by some) as a "tories catering for the old, can't be good for the country" sort of thing. But you could flip this round and say actually what the tories need to do is address these other voters who aren't voting for them. So they will be coming up with policies to appeal to the working population. If you think about it, the retirees will typically die first so they have a problem whereby if they don't convert younger voters, they will see a diminishing share of the vote.

Don
Maybe those charts show that the people with more life experience and generally smarter (debateable but surely there is a correlation between success in life and "smartness") realise that the Tory way of government is better than the Labour way

I'm more asking the question that saying it's a fact but, on the other side, I was raised in a council house by "great" but manual worker parents, I voted labour until I was in my mid 40s but just couldn't do again

Soldato
Maybe those charts show that the people with more life experience and generally smarter (debateable but surely there is a correlation between success in life and "smartness")

Educated rather than "smart" yes, but the biggest factor by far to success is just motivation, drive and ambition.

Soldato
Maybe those charts show that the people with more life experience and generally smarter (debateable but surely there is a correlation between success in life and "smartness") realise that the Tory way of government is better than the Labour way

I'm more asking the question that saying it's a fact but, on the other side, I was raised in a council house by "great" but manual worker parents, I voted labour until I was in my mid 40s but just couldn't do again
Quite a few people I know who were very left leaning (I'm talking cheesyboy level and even above) 20 years ago when they were at college/Uni have changed their views radically and are far more centrist after a couple of decades of working and experience of real life.

Soldato
There's a clue in the name of the Conservative party that may shed some light on why old people that are running low on neuroplasticity vote for them....

Associate
I'm a centre left voter. I think we need a labour government. At least once in a while if not most of the time. Don't you remember the good old days when Blair and brown were in. Ha. Not perfect but better than Cameron and may.

I don't mind Boris that much because at least he spends money. Hopefully on places other than the South East. I'm still waiting for our local train to be electrified. But no they just bought some 2nd hand diesel trains.

I think it is the boomers that skew things. There was no foreign competition when they were young. That's my explanation to boomers success. Also there are loads of them so voting wise they get beneficial policies.

Back
Top Bottom