Epic is giving away big games for the next few weeks again

Soldato
Who's whinging other than you and someone a few posts up making up words no one said?

It definitely does show something about society and its ability to read and not put words in others mouth.

ROFL - yes this thread is FULL of whinging about FREE games, it shows the attitude that those of a certain 30 something age have about being entitled. You have just proven that.

Soldato
is it a good deal if it's normally ~£7

To me that reads; Is it a good deal if it is normally ~£7 (missing a question mark maybe, or perhaps trying to to be tongue in cheek)

It definitely does show something about society and its ability to read and not put words in others mouth.

Maybe people interpreted what you wrote as saying something given away for free that cost ~£7 previously, isn't a good deal is whinging. I don't know though, as it would just seem odd to state something given away for nothing isn't a good deal

ROFL - yes this thread is FULL of whinging about FREE games, it shows the attitude that those of a certain 30 something age have about being entitled. You have just proven that.
would you like to quote the whinging, as it's full, give me 10 posts of whinging. don't add your whinging into the mix as that doesn't count in the 10. best of luck

To me that reads; Is it a good deal if it is normally ~£7 (missing a question mark maybe, or perhaps trying to to be tongue in cheek)

Maybe people interpreted what you wrote as saying something given away for free that cost ~£7 previously, isn't a good deal is whinging. I don't know though, as it would just seem odd to state something given away for nothing isn't a good deal

well i asked a follow up question, one i thought was easy but no one managed to reply to.

my point was going to be, that we have a thread for free pc games, yet this thread was made recently but for what reason? these deals are as good as a normal free game in that thread, and it'd be more helpful if people kept all the free games to the free games thread so those that subscribe to it can then not have to keep checking the forum in case someone decided they want to make their own thread to share these deals.

this thread it titled "epic is giving away big games". I came thinking, wow a new thread needed to be made for this, this must be something good to justify a new thread and a title like that. then you come in and find the latest game is one that can be had for £7, 3 years old, and not that popular. it's a deal for sure, one we will all likely take advantage of, and I've no issue with these freebies, anything free is good imo, but to make a thread separate to the one that exists, why? these aren't that good of a deal that it's needed.

for instance, lets say we have a thread for tv deals. tv's always have some sort of deals going on, 10% off etc, everyone knows this and so the thread would be pretty much regular repeats of the latest similar deal as always, but if a company was selling tvs with 90% off for 1 week, a separate thread would be good just to showcase this once in a moment deal that's not going to be around for long so people don't miss this chance.

this thread is a similar story, however this new company isn't selling tvs at a stupidly good price, it's still the standard 10% off, so why not stick this with the original tv deals thread.

make sense?

now waiting on harlequin going to quote 10 posts in this thread full of whinging that isn't his own posts

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Depends if the TV company was funded by a Chinese government invested in the persecution of millions and general worldwide debauchery, Tencent is of course not this in any shape or form and just a another media/ publishing house with your own very best interest at heart wanting to bring you a fantastic gaming experience.

Yes i see the irony, nothing in life is ever free apart from stuff you steal or human contact.... Everything has a price if your willing to pay that price happy days and enjoy the fruits of your free things.

Man of Honour
nothing in life is ever free apart from stuff you steal or human contact

I suppose if you are convicted of theft then thats got a price and there are some forms of human contact which arent free (wink wink) :D , so really nothing in life at all is free !

Soldato
would you like to quote the whinging, as it's full, give me 10 posts of whinging. don't add your whinging into the mix as that doesn't count in the 10. best of luck

well i asked a follow up question, one i thought was easy but no one managed to reply to.

my point was going to be, that we have a thread for free pc games, yet this thread was made recently but for what reason? these deals are as good as a normal free game in that thread, and it'd be more helpful if people kept all the free games to the free games thread so those that subscribe to it can then not have to keep checking the forum in case someone decided they want to make their own thread to share these deals.

this thread it titled "epic is giving away big games". I came thinking, wow a new thread needed to be made for this, this must be something good to justify a new thread and a title like that. then you come in and find the latest game is one that can be had for £7, 3 years old, and not that popular. it's a deal for sure, one we will all likely take advantage of, and I've no issue with these freebies, anything free is good imo, but to make a thread separate to the one that exists, why? these aren't that good of a deal that it's needed.

for instance, lets say we have a thread for tv deals. tv's always have some sort of deals going on, 10% off etc, everyone knows this and so the thread would be pretty much regular repeats of the latest similar deal as always, but if a company was selling tvs with 90% off for 1 week, a separate thread would be good just to showcase this once in a moment deal that's not going to be around for long so people don't miss this chance.

this thread is a similar story, however this new company isn't selling tvs at a stupidly good price, it's still the standard 10% off, so why not stick this with the original tv deals thread.

make sense?

now waiting on harlequin going to quote 10 posts in this thread full of whinging that isn't his own posts

It is easy, leave it to the mods to decide..

It is easy, leave it to the mods to decide..
decide what? it doesn't need mods to decide...

it's a perfectly valid point. we have a thread for deals. someone's made a separate thread, to showcase standard average deals from epic.

people then add words saying that i'm upset, saying i'm whinging, while themselves whinging and running like a child that can't have a conversation. post made up words and run is all they can do as to actually discuss is too hard.

Soldato
decide what? it doesn't need mods to decide...

it's a perfectly valid point. we have a thread for deals. someone's made a separate thread, to showcase standard average deals from epic.

people then add words saying that i'm upset, saying i'm whinging, while themselves whinging and running like a child that can't have a conversation. post made up words and run is all they can do as to actually discuss is too hard.

Like i said leave it to the mods to moderate, this is not hard lol

Soldato
How would you suggest they do that without having a discussion about whether this thread is worthy of being here and being separate to the other deals thread?

Take it up with the moderators then, You have already made the determination that is not worthy so having a discussion with other posters is moot.

Take it up with the moderators then, You have already made the determination that is not worthy so having a discussion with other posters is moot.
pretty sure i've made a post, and welcome the discussion as to what others feel. why don't you take it up with the mods, and we can continue to discuss those that are apparently unhappy with this deal, though yet to see the quote as to who is.

Back
Top Bottom